ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 3

––Past/Present Annabeth––

Percy glanced at Annabeth when their future selves ran off.

“Maybe they forgot something?”

Annabeth slapped him upside the head. “Let’s go get Luke, tell him what’s going on.”

Percy grimaced, but followed her nevertheless.

They found the son of Hermes by the Aphrodite cabin, chatting with Silena Beauregard casually.

Luke turned when he spotted them with a smile. “Hey, Annie, Percy.”

“Hey, Luke,” Annabeth smiled. “I just wanted to warn you—”

Future Annabeth and Percy bounded up the small hill, grinning from ear to ear at each other and coming to a stop with their hands on their knees.

“We had a deal!” Future Annabeth laughed.

“Yeah, yeah,” Future Percy muttered in response.

They both caught their breath and glanced up at Annabeth, Percy, and a completely dumbfounded Luke.

“Oh,” Future Annabeth stared for a long moment at Luke before breaking eye contact.

Future Percy stepped forward. “Luke!” He held out his hand. “Long time no see, man.”

Future Annabeth looked up at him for a second, her lips parted. Then she cleared her throat, stepped forward, and nodded. “Yes. Hello, Luke.”

Luke stood to Annabeth’s right, staring blankly. “Annabeth?” He asked.

“Yeah?”

“Hmm?”

Luke’s mouth fell open. “No, uh, our Annabeth.”

Future Annabeth cringed at the title.

“Please tell me what’s going on,” Luke pleaded.

Annabeth giggled at his helplessness. “Luke, meet Future me.”

Luke blinked. “Huh?” He turned to Percy. “Man to man—what in Hades is going on?”

Annabeth saw Future Percy scowl at the way Luke was addressing his younger self, but she didn’t question it.

Percy shrugged. “I know about as much as you do. Apparently I make it past thirteen.” He mumbled the last part.

Future Percy snorted.

Luke scratched his head. “Is that so?”

Future Annabeth squared her shoulders. “Alrighty, I think that’s enough for introductions. Percy?”

Future Percy looked at her. “Yeah, we wanted to, um…be early to the campfire!”

Luke frowned. “But that isn’t—”

“Until this evening!” Future Annabeth interrupted. “Yeah, we wanted to take a look around the old camp, if that’s not any trouble.” She looked straight at Luke.

Luke furrowed his brow. “Uh, yeah, not a problem. I can come with and—”

Future Annabeth grabbed Future Percy’s hand. “I was thinking just Percy and I.”

Luke looked confusedly at their hands, and then at Annabeth and Percy, who were about 6 feet apart from each other. “Go for it,” he said cautiously.

Future Annabeth gave him a genuine smile. “Thanks, Luke.”

Then she turned on her heel and pulled Future Percy along, who waved apologetically.

Luke turned to Annabeth. “Well…that was unexpected.”

Annabeth laughed, her cheeks tinted pink. “Tell me about it.”

But she couldn’t help but watch closely after the two, zeroing in on their clasped hands.

Strange.

––Future/Present Annabeth—

Annabeth sighed as she walked away with Percy.

Sure—she loved Luke, but it just wasn’t something she was mentally prepared for to talk to him.

Percy walked silently beside her, no complaints, taking in his surroundings.

Annabeth looked at him and smiled.

They spotted Chiron scolding a rogue satyr, apologizing to a tree nymph.

The two shared a laugh, and swung their hands in between them, ignoring the odd looks from other campers.

Annabeth had just opened her mouth to point out the area where the new cabins would soon be when none other than young Drew Tanaka walked their way, not yet noticing the future demigods. Annabeth realized... this was way more entertaining.

“Percy.”

“Yeah?”

“Drew at three o’clock.”

Annabeth watched as his expression changed from one of pure wonder to one of dread. “Aw, no,” he whined. “Can we go the other way?”

Annabeth began to turn them around.

“Hey, sweetie!”

Percy winced.

“Have you—” Percy turned around, and Drew faltered. “Oh my.”

She took a few steps closer. “Whoa…you look familiar.”

Percy sighed. “Percy Jackson,” he droned. “From the future, six years forward, blah blah blah. Now, if you don’t mind, Annabeth and I were just on our way—”

“Gods, you look great!”

Percy froze. “Uh, thanks?”

Annabeth struggled not to laugh.

Drew took another step forward. “Wow,” she whispered, studying him.

Percy looked away. “Why me?” he muttered.

Drew ran her hand down Percy’s chest experimentally, and Annabeth was immediately snapped out of laughing mode.

“Whoa, Drew,” she said, “calm down.”

Drew rolled her eyes. “You look…different too, Annie. But Percy…” she trailed off, trying to get him to look at her, but Percy refused.

Help, he mouthed towards Annabeth.

Annabeth looked at Drew, and then back at Percy.

She smiled, grabbed Percy’s jacket, and smashed her lips against his.

They pulled apart, and Drew scowled at Annabeth. “I could see it from the moment he stepped foot into Camp.” Then she tossed her hair, turned on her heel, and sauntered off.

Percy laughed at her retreating figure. “Thanks, Wise Girl.”

“THANKS?!”

The two demigods turned to find Past Annabeth staring at them in shock, along with a few other confused demigods.

And they burst into laughter.

hey demigods !

thought i'd get up another chapter, one day after the last one. you have 107awesome to thank for that (;

hope you enjoyed !!!

leave a vote if ya did, and comment your thoughts <3

peace out in demigodishness and all that,

~ grace 💙🍪💙🍪💙🍪💙