Chapter I: Olivia Crawford

THIRD PERSON

The Kingdom of Welidith is one of the strongest empires in the country in terms of its economy, military might and the capabilities of the royal family.

It is currently ruled by King James Leblanc, accompanied by his equal, Queen Marleen Leblanc.

The military strength of the Kingdom is arguably, the best in the country. The army is separated into two contingents — the first and second, in which they are led by two experienced commanders, Marquesses Rupert Caven and Owen Crawford respectively.

Of course, the success of the Kingdom is also owing to the capabilities of the royal family, or more specifically, the present Crown Prince of Welidith.

The Crown Prince of Welidith, His Highness Mark Leblanc, from the young age of sixteen has helped develop economic polices that greatly boosted the Kingdoms' —

"Reading again, Via?"

Olivia's attention on the book she was reading about the Kingdom was soon snatched away as a voice interrupted her reading.

She looks up from the book with a start, her full attention now on the man standing before her.

"Brother?"

The crimson orange of the setting sun spilled into the library she was in, shedding light upon her older brother who stood in front of her with a gentle smile.

The light reflected the silvery hair colour he had, seemingly making it glow. It also perfectly framed his well-defined facial features, making his eye smile seem more amiable than usual.

"I came to pick you up. It's already quite late, Via."

She grinned, pleased at the sound of her nickname, Via. Only her family members called her so, and that was...well, only a few.

"Sorry I didn't realise earlier, Jen. Let me just return this book."

Olivia quietly stood up, ensuring that the chair she sat on didn't make too much noise, then picked up the thick book from the desk before her.

She turns to walk towards the shelf she had gotten the book from, her azure dress catching the sunlight. The dress had matched her eye colour to a tee.

Like her brother, her silver coloured hair also caught the light and illuminated her face.

"It's alright, I'm already used to reminding you to leave to royal library on time."

Jeno almost says in exasperation, a defeated expression on his face.

You see, the royal library only allows people that have the permission of the King to enter. Even so, one is not allowed to remain in the library overnight.

It is a rule for those who are allowed access to leave the library by seven o' clock in the evening every day, though it's unsure why.

Olivia easily slots the book back in its place, then makes her way to her older brother.

"Is Dad already home?"

She asks, her silver hair that reaches past her shoulders basking in the gentle orange of the sunset.

"Yeah, he is," Jeno nods, and the two leave the library. "Why? Did you miss him?"

He adds with a chuckle. She furrows her brows, clearly unimpressed by him. It was a joke, of course.

"Jeno...I just saw him yesterday. Anyways, I just wanted to ask him about...well—