Part 8

Lisa's POV

I woke up with a hard slap landed on my face. I then coughed and water came out from my mouth. I could hardly open my eyes and when I did, I found the culprit of that hard slap on my face.

"Is that how you rescue a person from dying, by slapping them hard on their face?" I uttered despite of being so weak.

The person right in front of me placed her hands on her waist and stood there ever so mighty.

"If that person is you, then yes." She answered with so much sarcasm and irritation on her voice.

"You're so harsh, Chaeng." I smiled and slowly stood up and enveloped her into a tight hug which she reciprocated wholeheartedly.

"Only to you my idiot cousin." Chaeyoung laughed between the hug.

"How did you know that I'm out here?" I then asked her right after we parted from the hug.

"Jisoo told me that you were a mess and here I am, rescuing you, as always." She retorted as she eyed me with her usual interrogating gaze.

I just gave her a small smile and slowly walked back to the mansion my grandfather built here in his island that we always stays in whenever we go on a vacation here.

Chaeyoung is my closest cousin among the three of them coz maybe we're on the same age and she had seen me in different states, good, bad, and even worse. And one fun fact; she's in relationship with my best bud Jisoo.

When I entered the mansion, the maids abruptly handed me and Chaeng towels which we quickly wrapped around our bodies.

"What level is it this time, Lis?" Chaeyoung suddenly asked me.

Her question made me stop on my track.

"Code Yellow." I answered right after I turned to face her and once again, send a small smile which I know she knows that it was fake.

Then I turned back around and went to my room then took a warm shower.

Chaeng and I had this levelling of how bad our situations are. Green, yellow, orange, and red. You'll able to understand the indications right away.

As the warm water hit my cold body, I took a deep breath.

After hearing your girlfriend moaning because of another man and it was only code yellow?

Who am I kidding?

My heart clenched once again but before my tears could fall again, I abruptly finished taking my bath and slid myself into a new pair of clothes.

I then heard a knock on my door.

"Lis? Are we going home tonight or are we gonna stay for the night?" Chaeyoung said from outside.

I then made my way to the door and opened it.

I looked into her eyes and took another deep breath before saying,

"Let's go home, Chaeng."

***

"Are you sure that I don't have to accompany you inside?" Chaeng asked for nth time.

I chuckled on her actions.

"For the nth time, my dearest cousin, yes, I'm 100% sure that I'll be fine and besides, all I have to do is to open up my gate and tada! I'm home." I answered her with my hand pointing my house.

She then took a sigh of defeat.

"Fine. Text me when you need something, okay?" She finally said and handed me a white box.