Chapter 1: Empress Malty

"Your Graciousness". A woman's voice is heard as Empress Malty sat on her throne, bored as hell. Malty's clothes were of the upper echelon of the Great generals of the day. They still used metal armor to protect themselves from bullets. Her crown was simple, yet had the presence of glamour and decadence of the Roman Empire. Gems, every single gem available on earth, decorated her simple crown, and gems adorned her armor too, which was made entirely out of silver. Her crimson hair shown when the light reaches the palace. She was the Empress after all.

"Your Graciousness!" The voice shouts again. Oh. Blue haired woman enters her presence. Her clothes were more simpler than the Empress, but she wasn't a peasant or anything. She was dressed up in a white clean blouse with a light blue necktie and was wearing a light blue long skirt. She is the loyal advisor to the Empress. The former delegate to the International Senate in the seventies. Her name is Kaname Chidori.

"What the hell do you want Ms. Chidori" Malty asked rudely. "I'm in the middle of doing something".

"No you weren't your Graciousness".

"Fine. Even if I wasn't, I wish to be left alone".

"But your Graciousness. We must discuss some important issues that have cone to my attention".

"Will this increase my wealth?"

"Not by much your Graciousness".

"Then I don't want nothing to do with it".

"But your Graciousness, if you can just tell me what you want to do with these issues. They are important issues that must be addressed. I simply can't put it in any other words of how important they are". Malty can't help it, she sighs in disdain.

"Very well" She replies aggressively. "What are these 'important' issues you speak of".

"Well. There are massive food shortages in the following cities. Bonoia, Pompeii, Placentia, Marsonia, and Corduba. I presume that the overproduction of food for our armies are the reasons that this happened. Now, I think we can combat this if we-".

"Continue the production. I don't care".

"But your Graciousness. Many of the citizens are starving, and the harvest keeps getting worst in those cities. Are you sure you don't want to decrease food production?"

"I don't care if those citizens starve. What are they going to do? Revolt?" Malty replies, laughing at the idea of a revolt. Who can revolt under her "benevolence". Besides, what are they going to revolt with? They banned the citizen's right to own weapons.

"We cannot lose food production for the military" Malty responds, going back to a more serious tone. "Continue food production, no matter the cost".

"Very well your Graciousness" Kaname responds, scribbling what Empress Malty wants while scribbling out the first issue.

"Now, I must ask you about the slum fire over in Salernum. The Lord Mayor is waiting for your response on what to do. Now I suggested that we help those poor people who were affected by the fires and build them new, stable homes for them to-". Once again, she is interrupted by Empress Malty.

"Isn't that city near the seaside?"

"Uh... yes, but I don't see what-".

"I want to build a palace. A grand summer palace for me to stay in when I vacation over there. Oh! And build a large statue of me in the center".

"But what about the slum dwellers?"

"Who cares? They can start another slum area. Those filthy people know what they did and they can do it again". Kaname sighs in disbelief. Secretly, she has been pushing for more reform from the Empress, but she is seriously uptight, spoiled, and stubborn with her actions.