Chapter 19: Nuclear Reprecussion

Whatever happened to Kaname Chidori you may ask? After her termination as advisor for Empress Malty, she returns to her apartment in Rome, looking for new employment probably willing to take any job at this point. For her entire life, she has been raised in a family that served as advisors for the royal Roman family for many generations. She would probably get a job at one of the companies established within Rome, or maybe flee the country somehow. With rising food prices because food supplies have been going to the military and palace, it is either starve, find work, or flee.

In her apartment, Kaname begins looking through the papers, trying to find work opportunities. Those companies in Rome are not really hiring secretaries. Her next best option was to go down to the Russian embassy and request a work visa. That wouldn't really matter though, as someone knocked on Kaname's door. Not knowing who is at the door, she gently opens the door to find Sir Itsuki Kawasumi, accompanied by the Royal guards. All of them attack Kaname who immediately pin her on the wall arresting her.

"Excuse me, Sir Itsuki. What exactly are you doing" Kaname asks confused.

"Ms. Chidori. Under royal decree declared by Her Graciousness Malty Saceria Melromarc, we hereby place you under arrest for treason of the highest degree".

"Wait! I swear! I-I didn't do anything!"

"Sure, sure. Tell that to her Graciousness! And see what happens then you vicious traitor!". Kaname struggles to break free from her arrest, but all in vain as she is dragged off to the palace dungeon. She is one of the luckier ones who are not on Malty's torture list, as she just silently sat in her cell. Alone only for a short while, another familiar face enters the cell. The blonde Russian Ambassador Chad Dickson is thrown into the cell with his hands cuffed.

"Mr. Ambassador! Are you alright?".

"I don't know what happened" Chad responds to Kaname. "I was about to return to Moscow at the request of Her Imperial Majesty. But then some blue-haired devouti and other royal guards came as I was leaving the front door of the embassy. They said I am arrested for treason and plots against the Empress. The latter I sort of understand, but I bet the treason part was just a formality. I'm not even a citizen of this damned empire".

"I know what happened. And it is mostly my fault". Her somber voice gets Chad to recognize what she is talking about. It wasn't clear at first, but hearing that gave him all the confirmation he needed.

"Ah, it is because of the whole Prince Edward incident isn't it?".

"Sadly yes".

"Well, you did the right thing telling someone about it. But I am afraid that this will only create more hostility between the empires of the world". As Chad finished talking with Kaname, a guard entered the cell asking for Kaname. She complied with Chad wishing her God speed. In chains, Kaname returns to the throne room to revive punishment from Empress Malty, and there she was, looking down at her angrily.

"Ms. Chidori. I assume you know why you are arrested?".

"I am doing what I thought was right your Graciousness".

"Right? You think I care about what is right?". Malty laughs in insanity. "This is about our power! This is about other empires not messing around with us! We are the world's greatest empire with the world's largest military! If they think they can mess with us, we'll all show them!".

"Your Graciousness, that makes no sense whatsoever".

"It'll make sense once I do this!" She pulls out a set of controls which was what Kaname feared most. The big red button, several keys, and other command buttons. It is the one and only, nuclear command. All were created by Senku Ishigami a while back in the nineties. "With this wonderful invention by Bock-Choy boy, you know very well I will be able to unleash nuclear hellfire upon my enemies. With you out of the cabinet, I am now able to fulfill my desire to obliterate the moral of our adversaries before we head off to war". Malty's military advisors bring her the map of the world and the empires. Having keen aspects on one city within the German empire.