Chapter 7: Queen Melty

Queen Melty walks through the halls of the International Senate, with the meeting still ringing in her ears. From what the assembly completed, to what her sister said about said resolutions, child slavery, and Prince Edward. She had a bad feeling about her sister, but more than usual because of how easily this could lead to another war between the two nations, so she prefer to not openly speak out against Rome whenever they are participating in an public international event. As she walks, she is stopped in her tracks at the sight of Prince Alphonse.

"Alphonse" Melty said as Alphonse catches up to her. "You're still here huh?".

"I just wanted to hand you this" Al says giving a letter to Melty. "It's a letter to my brother. Since Malty is holding him hostage, and seeing you two are sisters and all, I was wondering if you can find someway to convince her to give this to him". Melty puts the letter in her purse.

"I'll see what I can do about that" Melty says, she also looks at him sadly. "I'm not sure how many time I can apoligize for my sister's cruelty to your brother. If only there was something I could do about it".

"I know there isn't much you can do, your sister is just insane" Al replies in the same tone. "I miss my brother a lot, but we really can't pass your sister's thick skull can we?".

"Yeah" Melty replies.

"You know, if it makes you feel better" Al proposes, "Along with the letter, I was wondering if I can catch a ride with on your way home on your private train?"

"What?" Melty asks.

"Your private train does go through my homeland yes?"

"Yeah I know, but if you are asking for a ride, how did you even get here to begin with?" Melty asks Al.

"Well, it's actually embarrassing" Al begins. The basic rundown is that Alphonse took the plane down to Heathrow Airport, but by the time it landed at the foreign dignitary's hanger, the engine just gave out, it would take a week or so to get it done, and now it's going to take longer because of a wing that broke as the engineers were trying to fix the engines. Melty of course obliges with Al's request, and Tsarista Rachel McKenzie of Russia also joins them since she did join Al on his plane trip to London. Hours later, the three of them boarded Melty's private train and beings it's journey through the English Channel and through France, making it's way through Germany. The three monarchs engage in a conversation in the private dining car on the way to Berlin.

"Thanks again for the travel home" Alphonse says to Melty.

"Like you said, it makes me feel a little better" Melty said in return.

"I still do not understand why you should defend your sister, besides the fact that they seem to impose embargoes and such on you for nothing more than family feud?" Rachel asks.

"Well, my mother and father got into a tiff, my mother the queen was more lenient on foreign and domestic policies that enrich the lives of all of our citizens under the Roman banner, while my father was a ruthless autocrat who hated peasants  and demi-humans. His foreign policies were very ruthless to the rest of the world, if you remembered, he helped ignite the Second International Catastrophe. It also didn't help the fact that my mother was a follower of the Four Heroes Church and my Father was a follower of the Three Heroes Church, and for two monarchs of Rome to be on different sides of the political spectrum can cause a riff between the two".

"And that's when your mother filed a divorce right?" Rachel asks.

"Exactly" Melty replied. "My Mother then took me to her homeland in Greece, since she came from that lineage. In fact, I'm technically in line of succession for the Roman Imperial throne".