Chapter 4: The Grand Council

The next day arrives, and after the whole visiting ambassador bit she is feeling hungover. She hasn't felt this hungover since that one time in the 1950s in her youth when the English tried to impose prohibition on her colonies. Which meant an influx of cheap liquors to Rome, which meant wild parties by the upper classes. It was a great show of decadence, but the aftermath in the mornings...

It is the morning light, Malty groans in her bed as the light shines on her face. Her head aches like there is no tomorrow. She feels every bit of nausea.

"Kaname!!" Malty shouts, though not loud with her dry mouth.

"Yes your Graciousness?" Kaname says in return upon entering her room.

"Please shut the lights, I don't wanna see the light".

"Ma'am, it's not the light itself, your just hungover... again" Kaname sighs.

"Excuse ME!?!" Malty says raspy "Are you accusing me of being an alco-". Just before she can finish her sentence, her gut acted out and immediately she barfed all over the floor. Kaname just sighs. Just another post-diplomat reception here in Rome.

"Come on you graciousness, you have to get up". Kaname says while getting the attention of the maids. Malty just groans again in discomfort.

"But I don't wanna, I wanna st-", before she can finish, Malty barfs again.

"Your graciousness, it's that time of the month again. You need to address the Grand Council". She has forgotten about the Grand Council to be completely honest. But that is technically not her fault. This institution was an old institution of the early days of Rome. Once an institution of free democratic thinking in the Classical Era, by the Early Industrial Era, it was an institution for the aristocrats who follow the Empress's orders to the letter. In other words, this was just a facade to the world that this was a democratic chamber, but in reality was a way to oppress the poor farther into poverty. Of course Malty did like this council, granted she asserts power over the nobility, but feeling queasy is not helping her.

"Come on your Graciousness" Kaname says. "I'll get the court doctor to give you medication for your hangover and I'll escort you to the Grand Council Palace". Malty groans in her bed, occasionally spewing chunks. After Kaname gave the empress medication, Malty feels a little less hungover and started her travel to the waterfronts of Rome to the Grand Council Palace. The palace is actually the great world wonder, The Colossus of Prora. A grand building that streatched from one end of Ceaser beach to the other. This was usually durning the rest of the month a resort for the aristocracy. A decadent beach resort reserved for wealthy citizens of the world is the beat way to spread Roman propaganda.

Once a month, the wealthy landowners converge with the Empress to discuss the issues of the upper class that requires the money of the poor. Whether it be for a more grand and large military, the maintenance of the extravagant homes of the wealthy, to even the construction of wonders and the need for slave labor, all of these decisions are made by the empress and her band of decadent goons. Among these wealthy, land-owning goons were the young and powerful military officers of her army. The aforementioned Corporal Sir Motoyasu Kitamura, the Colonel Sir Ren Amaki, and the Sergeant Itsuki Kawasumi, all great at offensive tactics, but weak at defensive. Another one of these landowners was a man with wild hair named Son Goku, a man willing to wrestle with anyone who disagreed with the empress. In fact, he is one of Malty's favorite landowners. But of course her top landowner was a red haired woman named Rias Gremoryz. A woman who likes to wear scantily clothing, but don't touch her she will accuse you of sexual harassment.

Feeling less hungover than this morning, Empress Malty walks down the hall of the Prora and into the council chamber. Inside, the loyal landowners cheer as they are in the presence of her Graciousness. Her loyal goons keep cheering, though giving Malty a minor headache.