Chapter 11: A Meeting of Circumstance

Empress Malty arrives back at her palace in the later afternoon, around six hours past the time she should have met with the Chairwoman of India, but one would not look at the time when having fun with palace tours, peasant evictions, and persecuting Fairites. Outside the palace doors stood Chairwoman Twilight Sparkle of India, an angry purple horse with wings wearing a brown school-like uniform tapping the ground impatiently, and next to her was the Russian Ambassador Chad Dickson, who was also looking pretty upset. The limousine enters the roadway and stops at the entrance of the palace doors. Empress Malty exits the vehicle and is met with the angry eyes of Chairwoman Sparkle.

"Well hello?" Malty says before Twilight interrupts her.

"Six hours, twenty-two minutes, and forty-five seconds" Twilight states, "That is the amount of time that I have wasted waiting for us to discuss agreements. Don't you know how important these talks are?".

"I know, I know" Malty hastily says, trying to make some excuse up. "That's what I've been telling my advisor here who wouldn't let me leave the town I was supposivly overlooking construction for. Don't worry about her though, she will be punished for her incompetence later". Kaname at this point knew she has it coming.

"Well, I guess it doesn't matter then" Twilight responds. "Now, are we going to get this meeting under way?"

"Of course, if you would follow me" She says, leading the chairwoman to the palace but not before being stopped by the Russian ambassador.

"Your Graciousness, her majesty wishes to make an agreement with you right away-"

"Not now ya damned Rooskie. I will deal with you later" Malty states leaving the ambassador alone with Kaname.

"Ambassador, how about you wait in the sitting room with me. She is going to have her way with me again".

"Again?" Chad exclaims worryingly for Kaname, "oh, very well". Chad follows Kaname to the sitting room of the palace. While those two waited for the Empress to see the ambassador, Empress Malty and Chairman Twilight enjoyed the company of each other (funny seeing how Malty previously didn't intend to enjoy her company earlier, though one could argue that she is just putting on that facade). Twilight brought some homemade treats procured from the Secretary of Culture. It was a type of special cobbler that consisted of apples, sugar, cinnamon, and lemons, which were familiar tasting to the empress. However, there is one particular ingredient that she just can't get recognize. The taste though was rather extraordinary.

"I do say Chairwoman, this apple cobbler is to die for" Malty remarks. "But I got to say, what is that mysterious flavor I am tasting? I have never tasted such a divine ingredient in my entire life".

"I'm glad you enjoyed it your graciousness" Chairwoman Twilight responds. "This cobbler contains one of most important luxury resource. Tell me your Graciousness, have you ever heard of nutmeg?".

"Nutmeg?"

"It is an old spice we have acquired in the ancient wars with Thai-Indonesia, and it has changed the way we eat".

"I do say, it is pleasing on the tongue. And now I want more!".

"And we can definitely do that, I am prepared to make a deal with you your Graciousness".

"Name your price". Twilight then takes out a map of the current world, pointing a hoof at a spot in Africa.

"War!" Twilight shouts. "I want war with the Zulu Pride Lands. Those wretched animals dare mock our friendship society. And that is saying something, considering that they are the ones most backwards. Living off of old age agriculture and most unsanitary conditions. They don't even have a modern army. Can you believe that they still use spears and swords".