Chapter 10: A Look Into The Future

Empress Malty rides through the Roman countryside on her limousine. She is still moderately upset about not being able to enjoy Salernum and terrorize the peasantry. But she wasn't allowed because of her meeting with the chairwoman. Of course this enraged her, and would punish her advisor severely.

"Come on your graciousness" Kaname said, "You know this is a very important meeting for a good deal between us and India. An alliance opportunity is a good opportunity for times of war you know".

"Ugh, waste of my time" Malty replies.

"Your Graciousness, if you didn't want to meet with the chairwoman, why didn;t you say no to her proposal. You said this was an important meeting yourself".

"Did she really have to do it now, of all days".

"She wanted this to get done before their next religious event of some sorts, I think it had to do with raising the sun or something".

"False gods you mean".

"Besides your Graciousness, you should have talked to her about this before making the agreement". But Malty wasn't listening to her anymore. She is distracted with something she sees outside of her window. A caravan of some sorts. Yes, a colorful caravan of performers, some dancers, others musicians, while a small tent with a fortune teller inside was giving the small crowd of people here their fortunes and futures. These travelers had the most colorful clothes anyone has ever seen, but most of them, if not all of them are prancing around barefoot, and next to the show caravans are these people's living caravans, with laundry hanging on the lines and a a cooking pot over an open fire. It was that moment that Malty recognized these people as...

"Gypsies!" Malty shouted, ordering the chauffeur to stop the car.

"Your Graciousness, you mean Roma people of Cyprus origin, the puppet state of Egypt you have indirect control of" Kaname said, but Malty just ignored her. In fact, she was out of the vehicle and before Kaname knew it, Malty was out on the caravan grounds. Normally, she would announce herself at the crowd that she has appeared. But once and a while she would not, as o not scare people off, which usually happens. But Kaname wanted the Empress to talk with the chairwoman. So She too got out of the vehicle and chased her down, eventually finding her watching the dances.

"Your Graciousness!" Kaname says worryingly, "We got to return to the palace, the Chairwoman is waiting for us".

"Hey! I can do what I like, I am the Empress after" She replies back. "Besides, she can wait, I won't be long at this sign of gypsy peasantry".

"Again, Roma" Kaname responds. And again, she doesn't listen. She is entranced by what she refers to as the gypsy beggars. Though, he is actually a he ringmasters of these roma people. He is a blonde teenager with medium-length, wavy and spiked dark-blond hair. He adorns a black ragged tunic, a red patchwork vest over it, baggy pants and bare feet.

"Come one, come all" The boy says, "And let Yuri Dreyar's traveling troupe entertain you and relieve you of all of your troubles!". The crowd of course got very excited with the entertainment.

"Watch as the finest girl of all Cyprus dance to her heart's content. Here she is, the Great Zerabelle". The young teen girl with brown hair tied back into twin tail holding a tambourine appears out from the curtains. She wears an orange v-neck dress and brown sandals. The band plays on as the girl Zera dances for the crowd, who cheers and throw money her way. Malty laughs.

"Ha! What poor gypsy beggars, having to dance to a small crowd of peasants for their meal. Doesn't that make you wanna laugh at these miserable people?" Malty asks Kaname.

"Uh, I don't know you Graciousness" Kaname responds having given up on correcting the empress. After Zera's dance came a strongman act. A well fit man with a with a somewhat rectangular shaped head covered with messy black hair. He appears wearing a vest and baggy pants carrying a large pine tree log.