Chapter 14: The Security Council - I

Time passes on towards the next day. It was that time of the year for the security council to convene at the International Senate Headquarters in Brighton. The world leaders and government heads, along with their foreign and military advisors come to discuss troubles of international tension between a few nations and city states. This branch of the International Senate tries to keep the peace around the world. The Russian delegation were always the ones to get there first. Tsaritsa Rachel McKenzie, wearing royal business attire, enters with a briefcase. Alongside her is the delegation which is usually three or four members including the leader, five if you happen to host the International Senate. She is followed by her own loyal advisor and current head of the imperial council, the Marquess Fanny Fulbright, a red-headed young lady. The head of the imperial army, Count Steven Universe, the young boy with curly dark brown hair. And the all important Patriarch of Moscow for the church of the Cartoon gods, Patriarch Richard Watterson, who is to simply put it, a large pink rabbit man. Most of the religious leaders will sit along the sidelines to observe the meetings as it is tradition with many empires.

"You Imperial Majesty!" Fanny says to Rachel. "Is it really necessary to bring all of that research with ya in that suitcase?"

"Lady Fanny, you know how important these papers are. This could finally bring new life on the case of Egyptian revolution".

"Don't you think that it is hypocritical that you would want to incite revolution in the Roman territories while trying to repel revolution in Yaroslav? No offense your majesty" Steven asks.

"You know what the words of Saint Thomas are" explains Patriarch Watterson, who knows the many sayings of the many saints of the major Cartoon religion. "Thou shall fight off against threats to freedom. Even when it is opposite of her majesty's foreign policies".

"Count Steven" Rachel adds, "we have to protect our nation from the threat of communism. Maybe you think that socialism is not a bad idea, but scholars all around the world believe that is a terrible idea, and it is up to us as leaders of the free world to put an end to it".

"With all due respect your majesty, but there are only a few nations left in this world, the so called "free world" is ruled by various empires. Empires are just as bad as socialism".

"You say that" A new voice rings out, "but many people have accepted the idea of good and bad empires. Trust me, we are the good empires. The bad empires must be punished by those who deal ill-will to no just their people, but the world". The Russian delegation look back and sees their good allies, the German delegation. Right now, it was being headed by the Imperial Chancellor of the Reichstag, Chancellor Roy Mustang, a clean-shaven young man with unkempt dark hair. He is followed by foreign minister, the Baroness of Saxony, Lady Winry Rockbell, a slender young woman with long, straight blonde hair and blue eyes. And then came the war minister, the Duke of Brandenburg, Sir King Bradley.

"Chancellor Mustang!" Rachel says as the young chancellor of Germany bows in respect. "It is a pleasure to see you again".

"It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance again you imperial majesty" Roy responds.

"And the same goes for you Lady Winry and Sir Bradley" Rachel says to the two. "And might I ask how Kaiser Hoenheim is doing? And where is Prince Alphonse?"

"Hoenheim is getting worse I'm afraid, he might not make it into the next year probably" Roy replies.

"Oh dear. Please send my regards to uncle Hohenheim then".

"But as for Al" Winry adds, "he is spending the day with the British Duchess of York, Princess Pepper Mill".

"I heard that they are spending the day at the Coventry amphitheater watching a production of Stephen Crane's The Red Badge of Courage" Bradley says.