Let it all out {REQUEST}

*This was requested by suck_my_saggy_tits

Enjoy :)

I looked at my watch to see it was 8:00. School wasn't really that cheap and working at the cafe doesn't necessarily pay a whole lot. But hey at least it's something. The bus finally arrived and I got my coat on as well as getting my books which had gotten wet earlier. Pretty smart to leave my books as well as my essay in the rain. I climbed up the steps to see that not a lot of people were on the bus. There was an old man reading the newspaper which had an article over something Thomas Wayne did. I'm not the hugest fan of Thomas Wayne but I guess to each their own. There was also a man who looked very...down. There really wasn't any other way to describe it. I didn't want to bother him so I sat in a seat in front of him to let him be. I decided to read my book Hamlet for my literature class and I looked out to see it was pouring. I read my book for a bit until I heard someone laughing. I wasn't paying attention but the laughter was getting louder and louder. I looked behind me to see the same man who looked down earlier. He was laughing but he clearly wanted to stop. He looked at me and looked around for something in his coat. It was a small card and as he was laughing he handed it to me. I looked at it very closely.

"Sorry for the inconvenience! I have a medical condition. Details on the back!"
I looked on the back to see the description of the condition and I knew what it was because I had the same thing. The man kept on laughing but he tried to calm down a bit. The old man reading his newspaper looked up and rolled his eyes.

"Fucking weirdo." I tried to not hear that and I looked back at the man behind me.

"It's okay." I mouthed and pointed. "Me too."
He looked surprised and stopped laughing a bit. We looked away from each other until I put my book down and I moved next to him extending my hand to shake his.

"My name is y/n.  Nice to meet you.  And you are...?"

"Fleck.  Arthur Fleck.  You just seemed so... normal to me."

"We're not all normal, Mr. Fleck." I said smiling patting his hand.  The bus stopped and the old man got out so it was just me and Arthur.

"So..." I said, "tell me about yourself.  What do you do?"

"Well I work at a clown business.  I know it seems silly, but it's a living.  What about you?"

As I was about to talk the bus stopped near an old building.

"Is this your stop sir?" The bus driver asked and Arthur looked at me. 

"It's okay.  Go ahead."

"No... it's too late and it's raining.  Not to mention that it's cold.  Here let me get your books."

I tried to get my books but Arthur insisted on carrying them while I got my coat.  Once we were off the bus we walked inside the building and into an elevator, we chatted a bit.

"Oh so you're a student at the University?  I heard it's a very expensive."

"Yeah but I work at a cafe.  It doesn't pay a whole lot so I'm considering getting a second job."

Once we were done chatting about very simplistic things such as our favorite food or how our Thanksgivings went even though it was a week after.  The elevator doors opened and we walked a bit to stop near a door which he unlocked it with a key.  When we were inside, I could smell cigarettes as well as old cologne.  The TV in the living room was on and a frail old woman was sitting on the couch holding a letter tightly as if it were a scarf.  She looked up as Arthur closed the door and smiled.

"Oh Arthur honey, you're home.  And who's that?"

"Mother, this is y/n.  I met her in the bus today.  Y/n this is my mother, Penny Fleck."

His mom's eyes glowed with delight as she got up to I would assume to take a better look at me.

"It's so nice to meet you y/n.  Arthur offer the woman a drink or something." His mother said firmly. 

"Oh no it's fine Mrs. Fleck I'm good.  Here Arthur let me get my books.". I started laughing I bit and forgotten my medication at home. This wasn't a good moment to laugh but I really couldn't help it.  Arthur gave me my books and as I set them down I started laughing again.  His mother looked at me strangely.

"Honey are you okay?  What's so funny?"

"N-nothing Mrs. Fleck." I said trying not to laugh.  Arthur came back and gave me a glass of water along with a pill.

"Here. You might need this as well as I do."  He said handing me the pill.  I put it in my mouth and took a gulp of water. He then did the same thing. He then offered a cigarette to which I accepted and he lit it up for me.   He then carried his mom of to another room, grabbing the letter from her and reading it.  He rolled his eyes and set the letter on the table where there was an old pack of cigarettes and balled up pieces of paper.

"Jesus mom.." Arthur whispered under his breath.  I smoked a bit of my cigarette and pointed to the letter.

"What's going on with that?" I asked.  He shook his head.

"You know Thomas Wayne of Wayne Enterprises?" I nodded. Arthur took out a cigarette and lit it up changing the channel on the TV.

"Well my mom is obsessed with him. Talks to me every night about how he's such an extraordinary man and blah blah blah." I nodded.

"I'm not the hugest fan of him.  He seems to rich and selfish.  I don't know but it might be just me." I shrugged my shoulders as Arthur nodded. 

"He really does.  Anyway, she wrote the 10th letter to him about how she needs help.  As if he would ever respond." He smoked the cigarette blowing out the smoke into the air.  "I know I don't have a lot of money but I do try my best.  For me and Mom.  People would say she's sick but she's my mom.  I have to take care of her."

I nodded putting out my cigarette into an ashtray on the table.  The TV was on to some old movie that had a clown.  I don't really know the movie so I just look around.  Arthur notices this and lit another cigarette. 

"I know it's not the best living condition but it's something.".

"I know.  It looks nice.  Cozy.  Mine is a mess though.  Two mice.  The landlord never does shit so I try to clean it as best I can." Arthur nods.

"I understand." He looked at his watch.

"It's 9:54.  Almost 10:00.  do you want to spend the night here?  I don't mind sleeping on the couch." I shook my head

"I'm okay.  I'll just take a late taxi." I decided to put my coat on and I carried all of my books.  Arthur got up and opened the door for me.  I looked back at him as he stood near the door and smiled.

"It was nice talking to you Arthur."

"The pleasure is all mine." He bowed and I giggled a bit.  Before I pressed on the elevator button Arthur ran up to me.

"D-do you want to go out for coffee tomorrow?  You know, if you're not busy or anything."

My paper wasn't due until Tuesday and today is Saturday so I nodded.

"Of course.  My address is Oak Park 124.  I live in Apartment 17." I pressed the button and the doors opened and we stood two inches apart.  I smiled

"See you tomorrow, Arthur Fleck."

Honestly it felt great to let some things out.  We couldn't talk for long but it felt nice.  It felt nice to let it all out.