Fancy Girl

*My dudes I just watched Lady and The Tramp on Disney+ (which I'm excited to finally have) so this imagine is inspired by this wonderful movie 💕*

Y/n l/n lived on the rich side of town with her rich and fancy friends.  Y/n was an innocent lady, not knowing of the other people on the other side of town.  She was pretty content with her life as is. 

On the other side, Arthur Fleck roamed around the streets, hands in his pockets and looking up at the early night sky. 

In the distance he could see a figure, looking as lost as a baby bird.  She had beautiful h/c hair and had a posture like a statue.  She looked fragile like she was from the other side of Gotham.  Perhaps she was.

"Bella Nonte."  He said, making her jump a bit.

"I'm... sorry?" She asked innocently.

"Bella Nonte.  It's Italian for beautiful night." He smiled.  The woman looked up at the sky, smiling a small bit.  That amazing smile, Arthur thought.  That beautiful smile.

"Oh yes, it is, isn't it?" She said putting her hands in her coat.  "A bit cold but otherwise very beautiful."

"Getting a bit late for a lady like yourself." He said rather smartly.  She giggled.

"Oh my.  I didn't realize how dark it is." She laughed nervously.

"You wanna go somewhere else?" Arthur asked.  The girl nodded, smiling.

"I wouldn't mind that." She said and with that they walked off to a small cafe in the middle of town.  Inside, people of all backgrounds filled the tables, making everyone sort of the same, in a sense.

The two sat at a table, across from each other looking each other in the eyes.

"Has anyone ever told you that you have amazing eyes?" Arthur said, setting his chin down on his hand.  The girl smiled, blushing.

"No, but thank you." The waitress walked by and the two just ordered some coffee.

"I've never really been here before." The girl started.  "It seems nice.  Simple.  Cozy."

Arthur smirked.  "Too busy leading the fancy life I see?"

The girl was confused.  "I beg your pardon?"

"Well, your coat sort of says it all.  And the way you talk.  It's not a bad thing though.  I like it." He drank his coffee, setting the mug down between his hands.  "By the way, what's your name?"

"Y/n." She smiled, swirling her spoon in her coffee. 

"Y/n...what a nice name.  It has a nice ring to it.  I'm Arthur."

"Well it's really nice talking to you, Arthur." Y/n said, messing with the sugar packets.  "You live around here yourself?"

He chuckled.  "On the other side.  Where the poor people live.  Where most crimes happen."

Y/n frowned.  "Oh.  I'm sorry..."

"You're fine.  It's not easy but it's home." He shrugged looking out the window.  "This cafe sort of brings people together.  From both sides I mean.  I can't believe you've never been here."

"Well it's nice." Once they've finished their coffees Arthur left a tip, walking out with Y/n.  They both talked a bit before ending up near the fancy side of town.

"I guess this is where I stop." Arthur said, getting a cigarette.  Y/n was confused.

"Whatever do you mean?  You can come over to my house." She said.  He shook his head.

"They'll just stare at me, pass their judgement before they even know me." Y/n shook her head, taking Arthur's hand into her own.

"I don't care what they think.  You're a person just like everyone else and nobody is going to say anything different." That made Arthur smile but he shook his head.

"Thank you Y/n but I should really get back to my own home.  Besides my mother is probably awake." He threw the cigarette and walked away, waving to Y/n before she ran to him, kissing his cheek while slipping a piece of paper in his hands.

"Here's my phone number.  Call me." She said before kissing him one last time.  Arthur held the paper in his pocket as he walked off, urging to go to Y/n and kiss her.  But he resisted, rushing on home to call her, to hear her sweet voice once again.