Christmas

*Kind of wanted to make another kid imagine since those things are freaking great to write. This is more Christmas themed so...

*Blasts Mariah Carrey*

I had just gotten home from work to see my 10 year old daughter, Carrie, putting up some ornements on the Christmas tree that was put up a week earlier. Arthur was there helping her. I smiled, taking off my coat.

"Hey." I said, rubbing my arm on Arthur's back. He held my hand, kissing it gently, putting it on his face.

"Hey. How was work?" I sighed. "That bad huh? Well you won't have to go because of the weather and because of Christmas."

"Yeah but we still have to make the food." I said. Carrie looked up at me as she was putting up some candy canes.

"I can help Mom. And I'll help Dad with the cards." I smiled, kissing her forehead.

"Thank you sweetheart. I appreciate your help." I nudged Arthur as he was busy opening the box of envelopes.

"O-oh yeah. I do too, Carrie. We both appreciate it." Carrie smiled and kept on hanging decorations while I got out the food to cook for Christmas dinner.

This week was the start of Christmas break for Carrie so she helped me a bit with the food as well as the cards for Arthur. I was still cooking when he got home, groceries in both hands. My hands as well as the counter were covered with flour.

"You're cooking up a storm." Arthur laughed and I shook my head as Carrie giggled. The phone then rang and I ran over to answer it.

"Fleck residence." I said.

"Hello Mrs. Fleck? This is Victor, the landlord. I'm calling to let you know that your family is a bit late on the rent." I looked over at Arthur and Carrie making cards while eating some cookies.

"Vic I promise you that I'll get the rent in by the 23rd I promise you." I whispered practically begging.

"I guess so since it's the season of giving or whatever. But if you don't I'll have to give you a notice of eviction." I bit into my nails. Work is off for Christmas but I guess I can head to bank by then. I told Victor that I'll get him the money and I hung up the phone to get my coat.

"Where are you going?" Arthur asked.

"To the store." I lied. I didn't want to ruin this special time that me, him and Carrie had together as a family by telling him we might get a notice of eviction. All because of me. I had bought Arthur a golden stopwatch that costed a lot of money. It's not like I could give him nothing for Christmas. He's worked so hard this year and I had to go and ruin it near Christmas.

*Arthur's pov*
"What do you mean notice of eviction?" I asked.

"Didn't your wife tell you? If you don't get the money in by the 23rd I'll have to give you a notice of eviction. Your wife insisted but you both have 3 days."

I looked over at Carrie and Y/n cleaning.

"O-okay Vic. I'll help get the money in." I hung up the phone and went into me and y/n's room to pull out a metal box. This was all of our rent. 600 dollars. This was all we had. There was 500 but I assume Y/n got some from the bank. I look at her present in my coat pocket. I had gotten her a golden necklace with a locket heart that had small pictures of me and Carrie on both sides. I took it out, holding it close to my chest. After a few seconds I had got my coat on, taking the pictures out of the heart and opening the door.

"Where are you going, Arthur?" Y/n asked from the couch. I looked at her, holding the golden necklace in my pocket. I smiled at her, putting on my hat.