Birthday

Today was my birthday and to be completely honest, i really didn't want to celebrate or anything special like that.  All I wanted to do was lie in bed and sleep all day.

Or that was what I thought I was going to do.

"Mommy, mommy, wake up!!!" My son, Sam, yelled into my ear, shaking my body with his tiny arms. 

"Okay, Sammy, don't give Mommy a headache now." I heard Arthur say, carrying a tray of eggs, bacon and orange juice.  I was sitting up now as Arthur handed me the tray.  I smiled up at him.

"Thanks for breakfast." I said, taking a piece of bacon.  Sam crossed his arms.

"I helped make the bacon Mommy!" He said rather defensively.  I chuckled and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you Sammy." I said, squeezing his cheek a bit. I ate some food before getting up to wash my plate.  Sam got up on a chair next to me, grabbing my plate.

"No, Mommy, let me do it!" He said, grabbing some soap. 

"Okay Sammy, but be careful.  And don't use that much soap." But it was sort of too late.  I laughed and walked over to Arthur, who was watching and smiling.  I wrapped my arms around his neck as he wrapped his around my waist.  I gave his a kiss, smiling.

"Happy Birthday, darling." He said, pecking my neck a bit.  I giggled.

"Okay, okay, we can have some fun later." I said holding his face before giving a peck on the cheek.  Sam was right behind me, making a face.

"Eww, you guys were kissing!  Gross!" He said gagging.  Arthur laughed and bent down to pick him up. 

"So, where does the birthday girl want to go for her special day?" He asked.  I sighed.

"Let's just order some Chinese takeout and eat here.  I really don't want to go out today." I said.  Arthur nodded.

"Okay.  We can do that." I smiled, giving him a kiss before Sam went back to gagging again.

*A few hours later*

I was in the living room watching cartoons with Sam when Arthur came through the door, holding two bags.

"Yay!  Dad got Chinese!" Sam yelled running to the table. 

"Woah buddy." Arthur said and then whispered something I couldn't hear. 

"Oh yeah." He said and rushed to the fridge getting out a small box.  I sat at the table, raising my eyes at Arthur.  He grinned as Sam got a candle.  I opened the box to see a small cake covered in chocolate frosting.

"Oh wow...Thank you guys, so much.." I said as Sam leaned on my shoulder.  Arthur had gotten a candle and lit it up for me to blow out.  He smiled and held Sam.  I laughed and shook my head.

"Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Mommy, happy birthday to you." I smiled, blowing out my candle before getting some food.

"Thanks for the birthday song, my silly boys." I said. 

"Mommy, I haven't given you my card yet!" Sam set, getting out of Arthur's grip.  He ran into his room, getting a pink card that had balloon stickers planted on it.  I opened the card reading "Happy Birthday to the best Mommy in the world." In purple crayon.  I hugged Sam, tearing up a bit.

"Thank you Sammy." I said. 

Sam look up at me with confused eyes.  "Mommy are you okay?" He asked.  I nodded wiping my eyes.
"Yes. I'm fine. I love the card.  And this birthday." I said.  Arthur had kneeled beside me, kissing my forehead.

"Thanks for the amazing birthday, Arthur." I whispered.  Arthur smiled.

"Anytime, my sweet.  Now let's eat some cake."

But Sammy had almost finished the cake, chocolate smeared on his face.  I was laughing as Arthur looked at Sam with a shocked face.

"First let's eat some food.  Then we'll get some cake."