Setting the Stage

For everyone who wanted a fanfic made based on a prompt of Anidala on an undercover mission...

*****

     "This was a bad idea, Myn."

     The man in question looks up at his wife, softening his gaze when he sees what she's holding. "I thought you wanted to go shopping. You said you wanted to be prepared."

     Her forehead creases as her lips form a slight frown. "I did, and I do. I just don't know if we really should be spending all our money now."

     "Shiemma, if you want them that much, just get them. You'll spend all afternoon regretting it if not."

     The woman's frown slowly but surely transforms into a light smile, and she has turned back to the store counter soon enough, creating a small pile of various items. Some items worthy of notice were perhaps the three brightly colored baby outfits, the glowing star mobile, or even a set of two rattles (that Myn thought were already slightly annoying).

     Another man approaches her husband from behind and places a hand on his shoulder. His touch, however, is unnecessary; the man could sense him coming moments before.

     Myn feels a gentle nudge at his conscience, and he allows the other person to speak to him.

     Ahsoka is outside with the Senator again. 

     That's alright, he responds. For now. They know they can't go very far.

     Has Padmé made up her mind yet?

     Yes... I think she's just finishing up. We should be able to leave in just a few minutes.

     The older man sighs aloud, and a smirk works its way onto the face of the younger one.

     Feeling tired Master?

     If only you knew, Anakin...

*****

     It all started with one simple Council meeting. The mission they were assigned was straightforward enough: adopt the cover of a newlywed couple and save a life form from the Sith in the process. They didn't think it would lead them to this situation, but here they were.

     Ahsoka was being watched like a hawk, Obi-Wan was forming seemingly permanent red lines on the bridge of his nose from pinching it too often, and Anakin and Padmé were openly discussing the prospect of children. 

     This is precisely the time to go back to the beginning of the story to recapture the great moments of their mission, as it would become one of the last times they all would be together before the galaxy became a little worse for wear. Without further ado, let's rewind and start four days prior.