"I knew this was a bad idea."

"I thought for sure I was going to get smacked," Korkie told them, walking in between the other two.

     "Reminds me of when my mother used to get me ready for dances back on Onderon," Lux responded, a wistful look in his eyes.

     "I think they just like to have someone to smother," Korkie said.

     "I'm suddenly glad I grew up wearing robes," Ahsoka spoke up, earning looks from the boys. "What? While you two were showing off your social status, I was taking down full-sized tanks and slicing droids."

     "And teaching us strapping young lads to overthrow corrupt governments," Korkie rolled his eyes good-naturedly.

     Lux frowned. "How did the two of you meet?"

     "Ahsoka was assigned to teach myself and some of my fellow cadets about politics."

     "And they took it a little far," Ahsoka pointed out.

     "...I see," Lux said after a moment.

     Ahsoka laughed at his tone.

     "What are you laughing at?"

     "Nothing," she responded, shaking her head.

     "I don't see what was so--"

     Ahsoka clamped a hand over his mouth and pulled the two boys down another street.

     They both stared at her in confusion.

     "I sensed someone coming," she hissed.

     "Hey, are you three coming to the party?!" someone shouted from behind them.

     "Uh-oh."

     The three of them turned to look at a pair of boys coming their way.

     "Actually, we were just--" Lux started.

     "We're all going down to Jimmie's to celebrate!" one of them said, cutting him off. "You three should come. Everyone in town is going!"

     "We can't," Ahsoka lied. "We have to get home for dinner."

     "There are snacks at the party," the other boy said. "Come on!"

     The two boys began to herd the trio back in the direction they had come. Ahsoka, Lux, and Korkie shared glances. This was going to be interesting.

*****

     Anakin's fist came down on the table. "I knew this was a bad idea, Obi-Wan."

     "What's wrong?" Satine asked, getting up from her couch with Padmé following suit.

     "It seems they've been rerouted," Obi-Wan said, leaning over Anakin to see the map. "Their microchips suggest they're heading away from the apartment."

     "So, something's wrong?" Satine asked worriedly.

     "Well, they seem to be moving at a normal pace. I'd say they are willingly going in a different direction."

     "They aren't following orders," Anakin remarked. "That's not exactly a good sign. Someone might figure out they aren't supposed to be there, or they might have already been discovered."

     "Or, they just got stopped by some people, Anakin," Padmé countered, placing a hand on his shoulder. "We shouldn't worry yet."

     "Who would stop three teenagers? Someone might be trying to abduct them secretly."