Highlights

The music that played through the first dance was quite mystical. There was something about it that drew you in, and it made the dancers seem like they were mirages as the sunlight disappeared and the night approached. 

     Everything about this evening, and this mission in general, was so different than what Ahsoka was used to experiencing.

     Rohja stood nearby still, though she remained distant, as though she was only staying with Ahsoka because she had to, which Ahsoka imagined was the truth. She wasn't quite sure what was going on tonight, but it was pretty apparent that Doll wanted to speak to Anakin and Padmé, or Mr. and Mrs. Thorne, alone, whatever the reason may be.

     She agreed with Obi-Wan that they still needed to make it back to Anakin and Padmé before anything went wrong. However, she also knew it was not a good idea to head back too early without Rohja, as that might seem suspicious.

     As she debated what to do about Rohja's constant presence, she suddenly felt another presence... a familiar one. 

     Lux.

     Ahsoka had to admit that this past week had been more enjoyable than most. She was able to spend time with close friends and experience things she had never had the opportunity to do before. Lux just happened to be another highlight.

     She was grateful that they had had the time to clear the air over Steela's passing, and that they had shared a few laughs in the past couple of days. Seeing his smile brightened her day considerably, and she couldn't deny how seeing him made her heart beat a little faster. 

     Thinking about this also made her realize how their time was bittersweet. 

     They had enjoyed the past few events together, yes, but those moments would soon become memories. Their week on this planet would soon come to an end, and there would be no telling when they would again be able to see one another. They would just have to have hope that Force might bring them together again one day.

     Taking in the sight of him in his handsome light gray suit, she immediately felt self-conscious in her white festival outfit, though she was very glad that Padmé had altered the original form.

     Then, as he walked over to her, she quickly remembered Rohja and caught Lux's eye. With a small tilt of her head, his eyes took in the sight of the Rodian and addressed her first.

     "Hello, Miss Gtaa. It's good to see you here."

      The woman uttered a short and formal greeting, but quickly returned to watching the dancers spin around.

     Lux then turned to Ahsoka, and there was a smile in his gaze.

     "Good evening, Sasha."

     "Good evening, Senator," she replied, bowing her head in greeting.

     In the corner of her vision, she watched Rohja, but if the woman was bothered by the interaction between a servant and a senator, she showed no sign of disapproval.

     "You're doing well, I presume?" Lux continued, eyebrow raised.

     "Yes, I am. Might I hope the same for you?"

     "Yes, I am fine as well. I am quite glad to have been able to see the festival tonight. I was afraid I would miss it."

     "Oh?" Ahsoka asked, suddenly more aware of a hint of sadness in his tone.

     "I was scheduled to leave an hour ago, but I decided to stay just a bit longer. I will have to leave by the end of the festival instead."

     This was news to Ahsoka, but she couldn't help but be thankful she had a little more time with him before his departure.