Bonus Scene #1: The First Night

As the title suggests, this first bonus scene would take place on the first official night of the mission, which would occur during the beginning of chapter four: "Meetings".

     Anakin was smiling quite handsomely as he made his way back over to where Padmé stood conversing with a Gran.

     He handed her the glass of sweet bubbly juice he had just picked up from a table over by Obi-Wan and Ahsoka, and then took a sip of his own.

     Padmé smiled at him in return, and the Gran bid them a polite goodbye. She then slipped her arm through Anakin's.

     "I'm so glad we have this time together," she told him quietly. "We've been able to dance and hold conversations with people as a couple."

     "Well, it definitely is one of the main highlights of being here--the fact that I get to be here with you," he replied, then added, "But I will admit, I might not miss the dancing anytime soon."

     Padmé laughed. "You dance very well, actually. Anyone watching would have thought you fit right in."

     "That's all an illusion," he told her, then leaned in as if he was trying to give away a secret. "These shoes are killing my feet."

     She laughed again, squeezing his arm. "Well, you won't have to wear them for too much longer. We've already been here for quite some time tonight."

     He straightened up once again. "Good, because I think Sasha and Vinorin are even less excited to be waiting here."

     Her smile became more sympathetic, and she twisted a little to glance back to where Obi-Wan and Ahsoka stood near the wall.

     "I wish they didn't have to do that."

     Anakin eyed his wife. "So do I, but I do think they'd rather watch than dance and speak with everyone here."

     "That's probably true," she admitted. "Though, I did hear a rumor while you were gone..."

     "What is it?" he asked, furrowing his brow slightly.

     "...just that a certain friend of ours may be here this week," she finished with a mischievous look.

     "I'm not sure that's a good thing," Anakin whispered warily. "Wouldn't they recognize us? That could blow our cover."

     "Let's just say they aren't the type of person to say anything. I heard they may be attending a festival later this week here, and there's a chance we could meet them. That's not a guarantee though."

     "Who is it?" he asked.

     Padmé shifted so that she was closer to Anakin, and looked at the groups of people mingling around them cautiously.

     "A certain Duchess..." she whispered, to his surprise.

     Anakin's eyes widened almost imperceptibly, but he began to smile a bit more.

     "Well, if that rumor is true, then you and I won't be the only couple here this week," he responded, nodding slightly in Obi-Wan's direction.

     Padmé grinned. "I know. I remember the stories you've told me, and I look forward to see how they'll interact. Vinorin... may be able to act a little more freely than one would imagine this week."

     Anakin almost snorted. "I don't know about that. They seem to have a difficult time conveying their feelings at any time. It's hard to say whether things will be easier if he's... of lower status."

     Padmé shrugged slightly. "You never know... oh!"

     "What? What is it?" Anakin asked in alarm.

     Padmé moved so that he was blocking her from view. "I think I saw someone I know. Like... actually know from politics."

     Anakin inhaled sharply, trying to think of a solution.

     Looking around, he eyed an exit to a hallway just outside the large room, and he carefully began leading her in that direction, making sure she was in front of him the entire way.

     Just as they made it to the hallway, they saw a few couples and trios speaking privately, so Padmé led him to a moonlit alcove that was a little more out of sight.

     "They must not have seen me," Padmé told him as he pulled her close.

     He rested his chin on top of her head, enjoying the embrace. "Well, we should stay here a little longer, just to be sure."

     Padmé smiled warmly and closed her eyes. "What would I do without you, my knight in shining armor?"

     Anakin smiled as well. "You'd get caught, I'm sure."

     "Are you saying I'm not subtle?"

     "Well, I don't think either one of us is very discreet when were around each other."

     "I'm glad you admit to that, but might I remind you that, as a politician and former... well, you know, I have excelled at secrecy for most of my life."

     This time, he chuckled. "And yet, you willingly get yourself into trouble all the time that could endanger your title and reputation. Although, I guess I shouldn't complain if that means, as your knight in shining armor, I get to come rescue you."

     "Alright," she relented. "Neither of us is very discreet, but we probably shouldn't stay here too much longer. We should get back to the party before--"

     Anakin leaned down to press his lips to hers, effectively cutting off her sentence.

     She gave in, deepening the kiss. 

     And for once, it didn't matter if anyone saw them. They would just be able to introduce themselves as Shiemma and Myn Thorne, husband and wife.