Baby Blue

It only took them a moment to have every exit of the house surrounded, and with a silent signal, they entered the house at the same time, finally ready to end this mission.

     Anakin went in through the front door, using the Force to discreetly unlock it. Peering into the first room, he glanced to his left, seeing an empty sitting room where the blinds were closed. To his right, there was a staircase going up, and a narrow door beneath it.

     He sensed movement and saw Lux quietly making his way in from a hallway to the left, and then he saw Obi-Wan walking through a doorway towards them from the back of the house. 

     Reaching out with the Force, he could also tell that Padmé and Ahsoka were carefully watching the house from the outside still.

     Anakin quickly told Lux to stay on the ground floor and check to make sure they hadn't missed anything there, but he showed his master the stairs and the door beneath.

     After a second, they split up, Obi-Wan going upstairs and Anakin choosing the door.

     Anakin's suspicions were right that it led downwards to a basement, and he made his way down without hesitation.

*****

      Obi-Wan wasn't really surprised when he didn't find anything or anyone in the few rooms upstairs, as he hadn't sensed anything on his way up. As he made his way back down, he met Lux again, who gestured to the door to the basement where Anakin had disappeared moments prior.

      "Keep an eye out," Obi-Wan told him. "I'll follow him, but if we aren't back soon, alert Ahsoka and Padmé. I'm not sure if there will be another exit."

     And then, he descended the stairs as well.

*****

     Anakin was forced to use his lightsaber to guide him through the dark and damp rooms and halls of the basement. 

     He still hadn't come across anyone yet, and he wondered if the basement had an outlet somewhere else back to the surface where Doll, the Trandoshan, and the baby could have escaped.

     His instincts told him that they hadn't left yet though, and that they shouldn't have known he was following them. The only issue was that they probably had eyes on him now, and he couldn't get a good bearing on the place. There were so many rooms and tunnels, and though each one he saw was empty of people, he occasionally heard the soft hum of various devices and machines that told him the place was frequently used.

     After a few minutes, he exhaled with a bit of anger, realizing he had just walked in a circle.

    Then, he felt another presence approaching from behind him. Turning, he squinted and watched as Obi-Wan appeared from around a corner with his own lightsaber ignited.

    I take it you haven't found anything either? Obi-Wan questioned silently.

     Anakin shook his head. I've just walked in a circle. I know they're still down here though. I can sense them, but I can't tell where I made a wrong turn.

     Obi-Wan paused, looking around them, then reached a decision. Let's go back a little ways. I see another hallway I didn't search.

      Anakin followed, but as he traveled down the hallway, he sighed. I've already been down this one...

     Yet, as they passed another door he had opened before, he signaled for his master to stop.

     Obi-Wan peered in the room beside him, and saw what looked to be another door in the corner.

     The two walked over towards it, and Anakin reached out to open it...