Truce

Ahsoka quickly peered in through the windows of the building as Lux and Korkie shielded her from view.

     "I don't see a thing, and I can't sense--"

     "Someone's coming!" Lux whispered to her.

     She twisted around to see not just one person, but three men making their way towards the trio.

     "What should we--" Korkie began. "Oh, that's real nice guys."

     Ahsoka was already making out with Lux so intensely that even Korkie started to turn away.

     After a few moments, footsteps could be heard passing by.

     Ahsoka's eyes opened first, watching as the men rounded the next corner. Finally, they pulled apart, each gasping for air.

     Ahsoka wiped her mouth. "You taste like blood."

     "Sorry--I bit my lip accidentally," Lux panted, smoothing down his hair.

     "Am I missing something here?" Korkie asked in disbelief. "Are you two actually dating?"

     "No, we were just--"

     "It's worked for us before--"

     "We aren't really--"

     "We've kissed one time--"

      Ahsoka and Lux stopped to look at each other before shifting their gazes away.

     "We've had to pretend to be a couple before," Ahsoka explained. "But, no we aren't together. Jedi are not allowed to have attachments."

     "And Senators don't need distractions," Lux finished.

     Korkie shook his head. "Well, the two of you certainly seem attached and distracted."

      "Lux put the idea back into my head," Ahsoka partially lied. "It's worked for us before, and besides, the men are gone now."

     "Well, to change the subject, do either of you see anything wrong with this picture?"

     After taking a second to glance around the building, the couple discovered a few problems.

     "All vantage points are blocked off or potentially hidden. Even the rooftops are crowded," Ahsoka said.

     "And most windows are open in the surrounding buildings, meaning the apartments are being used. It would be hard to find an empty room with a good view of this place," said Lux.

     "Well, those are both good points, but that wasn't what I was talking about."

     "Okay then, what did we miss?" she asked him.

     "While you two were roaming each other, I turned to stare at the wall behind us," he simply stated.

     Ahsoka and Lux turned around with confused glances.

     "Oh, no!" Ahsoka whispered, tearing a paper flyer down. "It's on the day of the pickup!"

     SUN FAIR! WATCH THE PARADE THROUGH THE STREETS FROM SUNRISE TO SUNSET!

*****

     "So, let me get this straight," Anakin paced in front of them, pinching the bridge of his nose with his eyes shut tightly. "You went to an actual party, almost got caught, and didn't get any information other than the fact that it's going to be nearly impossible to be safe that day?"