it's do or die, and this is mine

The rain is cold on Jesse's face, just like it had been the first three times. They've been here before, looping again and again.

Jesse reaches up to wipe blood off their chin, calm and impassive. The cut under their mouth is open again, but they aren't overly aware of the pain. Just a few steps away Aiden stands, shoulders heaving as he tries in vain to catch his breath.

Thunder roars, the sound punctuated by a blinding flash of lightning. The light is impossibly brilliant, casting shadows even darker than the blackest night.

(It's a total eclipse)

Jesse's got it all figured out now. They still don't know why this is happening, but at the moment, they don't care. They know what's going to happen, and that's good enough.

They're both still gripping their swords, but neither seem ready to resume the fight. Jesse props one hand on their hip. "You can't beat me, you know. I know how this ends."

Aiden levels a deathly glare at them, letting out a heavy breath. He adjusts his grip on the sword handle, eyes glimmering dangerously.

(I don't know why, but blackish screams engulf the night)

"And you think I don't?"

Jesse doesn't have time to process this before he lunges, closing the gap between them in mere heartbeats. The diamond blade is lifted high, then stabbed brutally into Jesse's stomach.

The young hero gasps, eyes widening as Aiden pulls the sword back out. They clutch desperately at the injury, blood already pouring out beyond repair. This isn't supposed to happen. This isn't how this goes.

(I thought I knew the tricks)

They crumple, falling to their knees on the slick cobblestone. They're already wheezing for breath, life draining out as they watch.

The loop is broken.

Aiden kneels down in front of them, forcing them to stare up at him with a gloved finger propped under their chin. "Don't look at me like that. You already know you'll get another try."

(The brilliant white gave me a chance)

With one last horrible gasp, Jesse collapses for good, sinking limply onto the unforgiving stone. Aiden stands and strolls away from the bled-out body, wiping rain off his brow as the timeline begins to fall to ruin. 

----

Cold Rain + me spacing out in Philosophy class = whatever this is

Is this canon with Parallels? No.

Is this going to become something new that I'm gonna work on later? ...probably, yeah.