we were never meant for do or die

Everything is happening in fast-forward.

Jesse knows what she needs to do. She knows what she's going to do. But she isn't sure if she can.

The entrance to Gabriel's temple slides open, and she follows her friends as they all dart in. An unlit Nether portal waits inside, and Jesse retrieves the flint and steel from her inventory. She's only got one chance at this, and she knows it.

One of the snaking tentacles follows them inside, and Gabriel pauses to buy them time. "Hurry!" he orders. "If you can get through the portal, you'll be safe!"

Jesse wastes no time in lighting the portal, not waiting for anyone to remind her like they did the previous loop.

"Everyone, get in! Now!" Petra exclaims. Axel lifts Reuben and runs through, but Jesse grabs Olivia's shoulder before she has a chance to disappear. Instead, Lukas goes through, vanishing quickly into the purple.

Jesse's breath hitches. This is her last chance to back out.

Olivia gives her a questioning look, but doesn't have time to say anything before a loud shout from Gabriel catches their attentions. The Witherstorm has temporarily disabled him, throwing him violently to the ground and ridding him of his weapon.

"Gabriel!" Jesse calls, running over. Olivia follows, apparently without even thinking.

Another Wither limb crashes through the ceiling in front of them, and both girls have to hurtle over it to help Gabriel. Petra begins attacking the black tentacle, distracting it to buy them time.

Olivia begins trying to pull Gabriel out of the Wither arm's grasp, but Jesse knows better by now. She pulls her sword from her inventory and sinks it deep into the black mass. Above, the Storm roars mightily, releasing the hero immediately.

"Don't even try to mess with me this time." she growls under her breath.

Gabriel has gotten back to his feet, brushing himself off and recollecting his sword. "Thank you." He says to Olivia, though it's shadowed by a concerning frown. "I can't stop this by myself. We need to find the others."

Jesse remains quiet, and she's surprised when Olivia echoes, "Others?"

"Soren's been missing for years. But the others...you must seek them out! Take this amulet, and guard it with your life!"

The hero pulls the amulet from his inventory, the teal section glowing vividly. A zing of unrealistic surprise jolts through Jesse as she gets a sudden sense of deja-vu. The last time she saw the amulet, Gabriel had been handing it to her after she and her friends had been crowned the New Order.

"What does the amulet do?" she asks automatically, already knowing the answer.

"It will help you locate the other members of the Order of the Stone." Gabriel explains quickly, handing it to her. "Take it through the portal, and-"

A tremendous crashing noise interrupts him, as yet another Wither tentacle breaks into the fortress. At the same time, Petra is thrown back by the one she was fighting, and Jesse turns towards her on instinct. She slices at it as it swoops towards her, landing a solid enough blow to make the Storm roar in pain or anger again.

Petra leaps at it, slashing wildly with her gold blade. The tentacle retracts with another vicious roar.

"You and Olivia need to go through the portal and meet up with the others. I'll stay here and do whatever I can." Petra orders.

Jesse draws herself up to her full height. "No you will not. Staying here will only lead to more trouble, for everyone." she snaps. Petra hesitates, taken off-guard by the surety in Jesse's tone.