13. The deal

After school I plop down on my bed. Today was long and boring. I lay down on my bed until Mark knocks on the door.

"What?" I yell.

Then he just walks in without asking to even come in.

"What did I tell you about being around Johnny?!" He said raising his voice.

"W-Why? What's wrong with Johnny? Huh Mark?" I became furious with him.

"I TOLD YOU! I DON'T WANT YOU TO BE HURT BY HIM!"

Him raising his voice made it worse. I broke down into tears.

"Y-YOU DON'T CONTROL MY LIFE M-MARK!" I said through tears.

Marks POV~

I shouldn't have done what I did.... poor Nari. I'm standing here watching her cry, because of me. This is my fault.

"I-i'm sorry...." I said sitting next to her. I wrap my arms around her.

She got tense when I put my arm around her. Like she froze at my touch. "I didn't mean to. I don't want you to get hurt by him Nari."

She doesn't say anything. We say like this for awhile. I finally let go.

"I guess I'll go." I get up and walk out.

Nari/your POV~

Mark makes me so mad, but for some reason. I wasn't that mad this time. When he put his arms around me I felt something. I know I know this sound so wrong. He's my stepbrother that's nasty, but I can't help it. I mean he had a girlfriend and I have a boyfriend, but I don't know... I felt something.

I decided to call in from work. I don't feel like going in today. So I decide to play on my phone.

Then I get to think. 'Ok well if I can't be around Johnny then he can't be around that girl.'

I get the confidence to walk in his room and tell him that.

  I knock on his door. "Come in." I hear him say.

  I walk in. "Ok if I can't be around Johnny you can't be around that yeri girl." I say taking a deep breath.

  "Deal." He said. "But I get to have you."

  The words that came out of his mouth made my heart stop.

            .•.•.•.•.•.•