16. Why?

After cooking breakfast for awhile, the smell of bacon and other good foods filled the air. I licked my lips.

I walk into the kitchen and I see Mark cooking breakfast. I try and sneak past, but I fail.

  "Where do you think your going?" He asked. I turn, "hmmm I don't know..."

   He wraps his arms around my waist. "Your not going anywhere." For some reason I don't even try to fight back. I just give him a little smirk. Then his lips land on mine, and I don't say no.

  Mark pulls away, " Why didn't you do anything to stop me?" I shrug, " I don't know..." I look away from him. Then he pulls me in again.

  This time I kiss back. "Nari, why would you do this to me?" I heard Johnny say. I look over at him. I see the hurt look in his eyes, "Johnny, I'm sorry, it's not what it looks like."

"Nari... he's your stepbrother. Why?" He said storming out of the house and slamming the door.

  Me and Mark look at each other. "What the fuck?" I scream. "Nari... I'm sorry, I didn't know..." Mark said. I cover my face and start to cry. "How could you do this to me?" I say. I feel his warm strong arms wrap around me. I cry into his shoulder.

  "Nari... it's ok. You still have me." He said. I pull away, "Mark, I really liked him."

  "What about me?" Mark asked in disappointment. I shake my head, "of course I like you Mark. Can't you tell?" He smiles, " It's good to know you like me." I roll my eye. "We're going to be late."

  "We're not going to school. You're staying here with me." He smirks. I shake my head, "No, I'm sorry but no." He grabs me, "No, you're staying with me."