Imagine Dragons

So first I want to say this band is amazing! They are so cool. All their songs have some meaning and it's just great.

Second. Dan Reynolds the lead singer is Mormon. His faith is strict as he said, and not very accepting or friendly to the lgbtq+ people. People assumed since he was Mormon he would not accept them or would hate them but they still wrote letters telling him what his music did for them. He doesn't hate them, he doesn't reject them. He accepts people for who they are. Wether straight or not. He is fighting for them, for their rights, for religion to be more accepting.

Why I'm telling you this is because people assume because of people faith they will think of them in a certain way. But not everyone in a certain faith believes in every single thing they are taught. I was once catholic, all my friends are lgbtq+ members. Also catholic well not all some are atheists. I grew up seeing people label me a hater or ignorant because of my faith, but I didn't hate or act like I was disgusted by them no I accepted them. At a young age I remember telling a friend who now is out and happy about it that it is not a sin to be gay. We argued in the lunch line about this. She would bring up what the Bible said and I would tell her that love is not a sin. That love is pure and holy. That God or Father or what ever you call him or her made people that way. They can not change nor should they. I still believe that.

As I said I was once catholic, I left the church. I am no longer catholic, I could no longer stand by a religion I did not believe. Now I still believe in god but I don't just believe in god. I believe god has a wife and they both created us. God and Goddess, Mother and Father. I am spiritual Wiccan witch. My faith has some rules but the rules I can stand by. I will sometimes break them, but I will make up for them.