Rumors-Mike Pence and Conversion Therapy

Mike Pence and Conversion Therapy are they a Threat or Not a Threat.

Some say yes others say no. Wether or not you think they are, there are rumors running around about the youth of the lgbtq+ community being forced to go because of him.

These rumors are spreading fear. Fear that drives people back into the closet, back into pretending to be like others when they know they are not. Fear of being their true selves.

Now some when the talk about Mike Pence and Conversion Therapy come up are coping with jokes, others try to ignore it, and some aren't coping well. There having anxiety attacks, panic attacks, thinking of suicide, and fearing for their lives. This should not be happening. People should not be made to feel like this.

Now I can't help with rumors but I can help with some facts to help people feel better/gain knowledge, who don't know what's happening, and don't know what Conversion/Reparative Therapy is.

What is Conversion/Reparative Therapy?
The answer is- practice of trying to change an individual's sexual orientation from homosexual, bisexual, asexual, etc to heterosexual using psychological or spiritual interventions.

Is Conversion/Reparative Therapy seem as a medical treatment?
The answer is- Conversion or Reparative Therapy is seen as a medical treatment by some. Many see it as unethical and dangerous.

It is called Conversion and Reparative Therapy. Please don't be fooled by the names.

Can parents force their children to go?
The answer is- Parents can force their children to go (since they are minors) if they believe it "helps".

Do doctors tell parents/guardians the risk/statistic of doing this?
The answer is- Yes they do. Or at least they should. Of course the doctor can only do so much to try and convince the parents or guardians to not do something.

Now people may ask does it work?
The answer is- Conversion or Reparative Therapy does not work, it is harmful, and trauma filled.

These are the states that banned Conversion Therapy.

New York
Maryland
New Mexico
Rhode Island
Delaware
New Hampshire
Washington
Nevada
Connecticut
Hawaii
Vermont
Oregon
Illinois
California
New Jersey
Massachusetts
Maine
Colorado

Now that you know some things, use these to your advantage. Anyone tries to force you to go, fight back. I'm not talking about punching and kicking, I'm talking about go to your doctor, go to the authorities. Go to someone you trust.

Remember you are loved and wanted.