Chapter 1 (Edited)

Zakariya P.O.V:

I was driving the car to Hudayfah's place when I heard siren and saw an ambulance entering the manor. I was already informed by Hud about what's going to happen and that's why he asked me to be there as he didn't trust anyone there with Noor.

I got worried thinking about Noor and how would she be holding on and entered the manor in a frenzy. I pulled the car to stop and got out. There was people gathered around servants, police man alike. I made my way through the crowd in front and what I saw had me still frozen at my the place.

Hudayfah was laying on snowy ground which was covered with his blood. His eyes were staring above with vacant look. A police officer pronounced him dead as he closed his eyes.

My eyes then fell to a female figure sitting next to him, her face covered with her long black hair,wearing nothing but a silk camisole. It took me some time to recognize her maybe it was the reason that I had never seen her so bare or maybe that I couldn't imagine her being outside looking like this. She looked to be lost. A long coat was behind her on ground which surely fell when she sat down. A guilt that was there surged in to the front in a blow. I felt like falling there.

I moved closer to her and pulled the coat on her shoulder to shield her from cold. Not knowing what to do, I stood behind her some feet apart giving her privacy. There were no sobs or even a small sound coming from her just endless tears that kept falling on Hudayfah's face as she traced every feature of his face with her finger.

I know should have looked away but I couldn't as she started to shower his head,eyes and cheeks and nose with feather like kisses. Her touch so light like she was afraid that even slightest of pressure would pain him. The scene was heartbreaking as she aligned their nose whispering so lightly that I couldn't hear from this distance.

My eyes also watered up seeing her is this state. I kept standing there as an officer came toward me. "Sir,Do you know Mrs. Khan?

"Yes,I am a friend." I replied back.

"Well then, Could you please take her from here? She should not stay here in her state and its a crime scene. We already had given her a lot of time." He told me.

"Sure. If there is anything about Hudayfah's murder? Will you please inform me?" I asked while giving him my business card which had contact info.

"Alright." He replied back while taking the card.

I walked toward noor. "Noor." I called her name. She didn't give me any response. I called her again but again she remained silent. I gripped her arm and helped her to stand up. I was going to take her inside the manor and then I noticed that her feets were also bare.

Not having a choice. I picked her up in my arms. She didn't even protest. My eyes fell to her bulging belly. Her whole body was icy cold due to being out like this. As I walked toward the manor her eyes remained behind on Hudayfah's body which was being taken away.

When I looked at her eyes. They had the same vacant look like Hudayfah's eyes had after his death. A shiver ran up my spine. It broke me seeing her like this and I wanted to go back in time and to somehow stop this from happening.

I closed my eyes for a second and walked fast in. She needed to be warm.

As we we entered, Hudayfah's Aunt ran toward us. She touched her cheek. "She is so cold." I remained silent as she ordered someone to draw a bath and make soup for Noor.

"I will show you to her room." She started walking toward room and I didn't tell her that I already knew the way and followed her silently.

As we entered the room. I noticed the bed sheets were still crumpled. A tie was on side table and without questioning, I knew whom it belonged to. I placed her on bed and covered her with the blanket. Her eyes were on her hands which had blood on them.