Chapter 24 (Edited)

Zakariya P.O.V:

I has no choice but to let her go and wait for her to come back. I knew I was walking on a thin glass with her. The one that could break at any time taking us with it.

I have been very patient for her love, her adoration, for her to gaze at me like a wife and I had a sip of it and now I am drunk on it like a alcoholic who doesn't want to let it go at any cost.

Our lies and secrets caught me and now I am scared what if she ask me to leave her. Would I will be able to do it? Hudayfah isn't here to pay the price but I am here living and very alive to take the fall for both of us. She would blame and hate me because I am living.

The time that I spent with her felt like sand slipping from my hands. I wanted to hold onto it. Those blushes, those smiles and those giggles transpired by my kisses, my touch and my words. I had a taste of heaven and now the ground is slipping from my feet.

No words, no plans nothing could have prepared me for the hatred that emitted from those warm dark chocolate brown eyes when she pulled the pistol on me. At that moment, I wanted her to really shoot me rather then look at me like that but what was I expecting. I should have known this would have happened when I agreed to Hudayfah's bidding.

Flashback

"You have lost your damn mind." I yelled at him while he sat there calmly swirling the wine in his glass.

"Will you play your part or should I ask someone else?" He sipped the wine like we were discussing weather.

"Don't do your manipulating shit with me?"

"I am not. You know that in my line of work ,you tend to have backup plan or in this case a backup person." He clasped his hands together.

I couldn't wrap my head around his so called plan. I didn't know what I hated most at the moment his plan or the nonchalance that he displayed.

"You have everything. A wife that adores you beyond words and a child on way. What else could you want?" I couldn't comprehend that how could give up all.

"Tranquillity."

"Isn't she peace of your eyes?" I knew that if she had been my wife. She would have been peace of my eyes or she already was.

"She is but I am not of her eyes."

The man that was now sitting in front of me wasn't as calm as before. He had weight of his sins holding him down.

"I want tranquillity and peace for them and unfortunately I can't provide them with it alive."

"You can ran away and I will help you."

"For how long? They will eventually find us and you know what will they do?"

He look dead in my eyes with his jaws clenched.

"They will torture my noor in front of my eyes until she is dead before killing me. They will raise our son telling him Allah know what about his parents."

I couldn't believe my ears. The mare thought started shudders in my body.

"This time. They won't spare her. They will not even spare any boundaries. I already had a warning. She was kidnapped during our honeymoon and trust me the way I found her. No man wants to find his wife in that way."

I never saw Hudayfah shedding tears but now his eyes were glassy and tortured.

"I want justice. I want to destroy Abrams even if I die in the process. If I don't, my sins will catch us one way or other. Allah will find a better retribution for the sorrow of my every victim. I don't want that day to come I will do the right thing and beg for his forgiveness until I die."