Chapter 8 (Edited)

Hi everyone. I won be able to write for some time as I have exams. Furthermore I wanted to dedicate this chapter to reehathas and Kauser786. Thank you so much for your support.

No one asked me anything when I reached home. Surprisingly appa also didn't have any questions to ask. It was so ironic that everyone had question awaiting to be answered just like I had but the difference was that my questions would remain in waiting list because the person with my answers was 10 feet underground.

I looked at his hanged shirt not knowing what to do with it. The shirt that I wore every night just to have a piece of him to quench my soul. Now my eyes asked it about those promises. The beautiful promises that wove dreams in my eyes while he had another plans.

I had nothing. My husband left me on his own and my son I gave him away. My hand crashed the glass vase on the ground breaking it into pieces. I felt just like it. The people may have heard sound of it breaking but mine was never heard.

I pulled the zipper down taking the gown off. Pulling a rob off the hanger. I wrapped it around my body. I set myself in a corner making myself as small as possible. A memory triggered in my mind of a winter night of December.

It was the time when the first snow of year didn't set its paws in London. This night was a bit warmer as compared to other but it was still cold. We were sitting on patio sofa around a fire pit after a good barbecue. I was sitting beside him with my head on his shoulder. A blanket wrapped around us. He tugged me closer wrapping the blanket more tightly around us with his chin resting on my head. 

"You never told me where our home will be?" I asked him out of blue.

"Hmm.." He paused for a minute. "Its in a small town. Actually a hilly area."

He gulped a bit. "It have three bedroom with two bathroom downstairs excluding a kitchen and living area. It have two bedrooms and bathroom upstairs. A patio and large balcony which will give a nice view of scenic beauty."

"It sounds wonderful." I replied dreamily.

"It will be smaller then our current home." He told me.

"It doesn't matter. I just need you and our baby to make a home." I told him with a smile.

"I think we could use the upper portion for business. We can use one of room as workshop where you will teach the town children to play piano and we can even have a small library cafe thing in upper portion where we can also serve Pakistani cuisine. Even through cooking isn't my strong pursuit but we will manage or I can try to write a book. I always wanted to do that." I noticed your silence a little later.

"Hudayfah." I cupped the left side of your face making you look at me.

"Hmmm." It was the only response you gave me. I searched your eyes as I lightly grazed my finger on you cheek.

"What's wrong?" There was a sadness lingering in your eyes that compelled me to ask you this question.

"Nothing." You answered simply taking my hand of your face and kissing the underside of my wrist to distract me from the current predicament.

When I wasn't convinced you answered with a smile. "I was thinking about our future." Ignoring it as just a worry. I didn't question you more about the sadness lingering in your eyes not knowing that it would be my biggest regret.