Chapter 13 (Edited)

I woke with a new determination in my mind. I needed to know the truth before taking another step in my life. In white blouse and dark green long skirt with black tights and hair in a bun. I looked every bit of a professional. I stretched my lips into a smile. It felt off on my face. When your eyes are vacant the smile also feel vacant. Taking in account that at least one of us should be happy. I tried to smile as much as I could even if it felt wrong.

Pretending. But I was tired of it too. If I can't be happy then at least I can be content. I wanted to keep Zake happy. Why he must be miserable? To be in content I needed to know the truth. I needed to know who murdered Hudayfah and what exactly transpired.

I made the breakfast and placed it on the table. Zakariya came in placing his coat on the chair and took a seat. He started to eat but seeing me walking back to kitchen, He asked. "Aren't you having breakfast."

"I had an apple." I yelled from the kitchen.

I came back and took the empty dishes back to the kitchen. I placed them in dishwasher and came back in dinning room. In time to see Zake wiping his mouth from napkin.

He stood up and looked at my attire. "Are you going somewhere?"

"Yes. To office." I answered him.

"Alright." He said while observing my face.

"I thought. I should do a visit and see things by myself." I explained.

"Should I drop you?" He picked his coat from the chair.

"No need. I will be fine." I replied.

"I will ask Alex to drop and pick you up." He said while wearing his coat. Pulling my chin upward he said. "I don't want you going alone."

"You aren't wearing a tie." I stated. "Why?"

Narrowing his eyes,He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me toward his chest. I had no choice but to place my hand on his chest. These days he was getting bold with his touches and closeness. "Why so interested?"

"I meant to ask you for a long time." I looked at him through my eyelashes keeping the innocent face. I didn't want to give away that I was trying to distract him.

"I am incapable to tie a necktie. My butler did it for me." He answered.

"May I?" I asked him softly.

He pulled my chin upward looking in to my eyes. "On one condition."

"What?" I asked.

"You will tie it for me on daily basis from now onwards." He told me his wish while tracing my cheek lovingly.

I pulled away from him with a nod and left to take the tie. I came five minutes later to find him standing at same place.

"Nice choice." I had a plain navy blue tie in my hand.

I was wearing flats and even standing on my tip toes it was difficult for me to reach my hands properly around his neck. "You are so tall." I complained as he was two or three inches even taller then Hudayfah who was also way too tall then me.

"You are just short." Saying that he placed his hand on my thighs to lift me up and then safely disposed me on dinning table. He stood between my legs for convenience.

I draped the tie around his collar and started to work on it. "Zake."

"Hmm." He was looking at me with pure adoration in his eyes.

"I don't want to take Alex with me." I know it was wrong for me to manipulate him like this but I needed to go alone.

"Do you want to take someone else?" He asked.