Chapter 18 (Edited)

We both had offered fajar namaz together with him in lead. I felt really tired and sleepy so I was going to bed to get back to sleep. I layed down on bed with my head on pillow.

"You can't sleep." I heard him whisper in my ear.

I opened my eyes to to look at him and asked sarcastically. "Who is stopping me?"

"Me. Come one." He started to pull the blanket off me.

"Zake. What the hell? Stop it." I pulled the blanket back to me.

"No can do. We have to be at beach for sunrise." He told me. "So get up."

I turned myself toward him. "I will just lay here ok."

"No, You will fall asleep." He tried to pull the blanket from my grip.

"I won't." I promised giving the puppy dog eyes.

"Alright." He sighed. "But no closing eyes."

I nodded and then kept my eyes open looking at him but they couldn't remain open for long and somehow they droped close.

I was shaken awake with a voice yelling in my ear and the blanket pulled away from me. "Come on sweetheart. We don't have much time."

I sat upon the bed reluctantly with a irritated expression on my face as I looked at my husband standing beside my side of bed.

"Wash your face." He ordered as he wore some slippers. I stood up and went quickly to washroom. I washed my face and brushed my hair.

I wore the slippers that were laid outside the door of the bathroom. We climbed down the stairs.

We walked to the beach and sat crossed legged beside each other. Our eyes sat on ocean before us. It was dark but then the golden globe started peaking out slowly spreading a bit of its light as it revealed itself complete. It felt like the sun was sitting above the ocean. Its magnificent light wasn't only illuminated the sky but it was also stretching across ocean giving the ocean blue water its golden glow.

My eyes found the eyes of my husband sitting beside me. His ocean blue eyes that matched that of ocean before us were now also illuminated with golden glow as the rays of the sun reached them.

"Beautiful." The words whispered were unconsciously from somewhere deep within my heart.

A breath taking smile stretched across his mouth. He looked so handsome as the rays illuminated his physic and blond of his hairs. The rays traced every curve and line of his face and my fingers itched to do the same. It all felt like a deja vu and it was. I remembered the day. It was some days after we became friends. We were both walking to a nearby cafe for our lunch break. The sun was shining on him just like this and I studied every line of his face.

An indescribable feeling bloomed in me but I shrugged it away and locked it somewhere deep and now it was arisen here. Hudayfah was right. I had feelings for Zakariya. They weren't as strong as those that I had for Hudayfah but they were there.

The realization suddenly made me uncomfortable and I stood up, abounding my sandals with him.

I walked into the sea. The waves of black sea rushed toward and away from the shore, washing my feets. It's cold water calmed my thudding heart.

I had just closed my eyes when a pair of arms wrapped themselves around my waist. A warm chest was against my back. I felt troubled. The realization produced intensity of emotion that were difficult to ignore.

I couldn't pounder on them so I did what I could to distract myself. I pulled away from him and walked deep into ocean. I know he would follow me and he did. I took some water in my hand and when he was close enough. I threw it at him.