Chapter 20 (Edited)

Only six flight left from London to Edinburgh in a week and the next was due tomorrow in evening. I couldn't wait that long so I decided to go by road. It would take me five hours and twenty minutes but I would be there in evening.

I was sitting in car with Aiden driving it. I didn't want to take Alex the bodyguard assigned by Zakariya so I left before he could notice. I know that he would soon will notice my absence and inform Zakariya about it. Before, he says anything to him, I needed to take him under my trust.

I dialed his number and within four beeps, His velvety voice reached my ear. "Salam sweetheart."

I was about to talk to him but I heard a conversation going on the other end so I closed my mouth and waited for him to finish.

The conversation must have ended. "So what's the occasion?" He asked as I never called him during work hours.

"Zake, I am on my way to Edinburgh." There was silence on the other end. "I will be back tomorrow most likely at afternoon."

"Why?" He asked.

"I have some company related work there. " I answered shifting in my seat.

"Alright. You must have taken Alex with you." There was silence from me and then later he added in tone that slightly indicated his anger. "Never mind. Alex just got here in my office."

"I am going with Aiden." I replied smoothly.

"You could still have taken Alex with you." He added with subtle anger.

"I wanted to have space without bodyguards hovering around me. " I nearly yelled.

"Its for your own damn protection Noor." He said in a controlled anger.

I massaged my temples and counted to ten to keep my temper in check. I needed to end this call on a good note so that he wouldn't look for me. Reigning in the anger, I used a different tactic. "I will miss you Zake."

Aiden raised his eyebrow on the change in my tone. I heard few sighs on other side and then his voice considerably softened. "I am just looking out for you. Have a safe journey. I would be waiting for you."

The call ended and I exhaled a sigh of relief. Now I was sure that he wouldn't try to send someone after me.

"Why are you hiding it from him?" Aiden asked.

"He doesn't want to me to look." I replied.

"Why?"

"He thinks that I would walk the same path as Hudayfah."

"Would you?" His question was simple but it shocked me.

"I don't know." I whispered.

               🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

We reached before a Victorian house after a long journey. I got out while Aiden remained in the car. I walked to front and climbed a few step to get to the door. I rang the bell

There was a sounds of of footsteps before someone opened the door. A thirteen years old girl with brown hair opened stood before me.

"I would like to see Mr. John smith." I told her.

"Daddy there is a pretty lady on the door for you." She ran back in and yelled.

A minute later, he was on the door. A shocked expression on his face. He closed the door behind him.

"Wouldn't you invite me in?" I asked.

"There is a cafe nearby. Lets walk there." He started to walk and I followed him. There was a small cafe at the end of street. We entered in and the doorbell chimed.