Dreams

Hey guys hope you're enjoying the story. Please tell me if you like it!!...Comment, Vote, Follow!!

Chapter 3

It had been three months since school had started and it was going great. Damien and I were better than ever, he didn't ditch me even once, for a girl or any other reason. Amy was happy that Damien was treating me better. She was surprised at first that he wasn't ditching me anymore, she and Damien never got along but over the years they started being civilised towards each other, mainly because of me.

It was November now and the leaves were turning into beautiful shades of red, orange and yellow. It was my favourite season. My parents had come back from their business trips and my brother had gone back. He had taken a really long break but it was worth it. Plus he was gone almost nine to ten months out of the whole year so I was happy that he had taken a break just for me.

Also because he is a very over-protective brother and he didn't trust the world, at least that's the crap he told me and my parents, I guess that's how he got the vacation from his seniors. I saw through that lie very easily, but I didn't care as long as I got time to spend with my darling almost twenty-five year old brother.

We spent a lot of time together catching up, and he taught me a few tricks to defend myself. He always said,

"Just because you're a girl, doesn't mean you shouldn't learn how to fight, besides I won't be there to protect you all the time", he was a very good teacher and he taught me well but I never had to use it against someone thankfully.

I was getting ready for school when I was called down by my mom.

"Eva could you come down for a minute please" my mom said from down the stairs.

I didn't think they would be awake so early. Usually when they would come back from their trips they would wake up by seven thirty- eight when I would be done making breakfast, and it was just seven fifteen now. Don't think that my parents make me do all the work, but I love to cook.

"Yeah...I'll be right down" I said tying the laces to my purple converse.

"Gooood Morning!!" I said loudly as I entered the kitchen, I saw that my favourite breakfast French toast and mixed fruit juice with chocolate chip cookies freshly baked from the oven on the dining table.

"What's going on...?" I asked skeptically.

"What can't we make breakfast for our darling daughter who we have missed for these past three months" my mom said coming towards me and giving me a hug.

"Well in that case you can keep doing whatever you were gonna do for me...Since you guys missed me so much" I said to them.

My dad got up from his seat and gave me a big bone-crushing bear hug literally picking me up off the ground.

"Dad...can't...breath" I said out of breath.

"I'm sorry sweetie I just missed you a lot" he said giving me big slobbery kisses all over my face.

"Ew dad...stop acting like a puppy" I said to him wiping my face with a napkin.

"You used to love that when you were a kid...how times change" my dad said in fake sadness.

"You know you can't fake it daddy" I told him catching his fake sobbing.

"We just really wanted to give you a surprise and a break from cooking everyday..."my mom said sitting next to me at the table with my dad sitting across from us.

"That's really sweet...soo what did you get me..?" I asked expectantly like a little five year old girl.

My parents chuckled and my dad said "well since you have been such a good girl and have been doing well in school..." my dad said getting something from the seat next to him.

"An IPod Touch.... AWESOME!!!!!" I said excitedly.

"Thank you, Thank you, Thank you" I said jumping up and down from my seat and gave both of them a hug.

"Yes...I knew you would like it, your mom was going to buy you a dress from some D&G" my dad said to me a smug look on his face.

"Its Dolce & Gabbana honey...she's turning more & more into one of those gadget-junkies , I mean what girl would not like a black dress from D&G..?" my mom asked exasperatedly.

"My girl" my dad answered still having that smug look on his face.

"Daddy you know me soo well...Mom I ain't a material girl but I'm still thankful for the endless number of dresses that you buy me and I just stash them in the corners of my cupboard" I told my mother cheekily.

"You see she is just like you" my mom said to my dad and went up to her room all the while muttering about how I'm never gonna get a boyfriend and she is never gonna get a grandchild.

Me and my dad were chuckling when I heard a loud horn beeping away "Oh crap...daddy I gotta go but thanks for the gift ...I Love You" I told him carrying a cookie in my hand and French toast in my mouth. I took my bag and got out of the house and into Damien's car.

"Thank you very much I really needed that" Damien said taking the cookie from my hands and licking the top before I could take it back.

"Hey! my mom made them for me...and Eww" I told him hitting in the arm.

"These are soo good...I'm coming after school to get my batch" he said licking his fingers; I finished eating my toast long before him.

"If our done licking your fingers can we go now...were gonna be late" I said bringing him back to reality.

"Yeah yeah I'm going" he said to me as if I ruined something special.

"And by the way 'your batch'...It's not made for you it's for me" I said to him. He looked at me giving the puppy dog look as we stopped at the stop sign.

"Oh come on Eva...you know I love those cookies, besides it's not up to you anyway your mom always makes me a batch" he told me as if he was stating the obvious.

It was true my mom always made a separate batch just for him because he would always finish all the cookies that my mom would make when we were kids.

"I know I know..."I said as we entered the gates of the school.

The entire day went by like a breeze until the end of the day when the school radio made an announcement that ruined my evening.

"Winter dance is on the fifteenth December guys, it's a formal event and it will be held in the school gym...so start your preparations people and start asking people to the dance, you don't wanna be the last one left and be forced to take your cousin like a certain someone last year..!!" said the RJ and everyone started laughing remembering the student. Fortunately it wasn't me.

But I was still depressed because no one ever asked me and I never went for any of these dances. I wished that this time Damien would ask me but that was just a dream that I knew that never come true.

*************************

Comment, Vote, Follow!!