Stupid

Chapter 17

Recap:

I squealed a bit at that, and shivered from the cold this time. I guess Damien figured out that I was cold, he pulled my blanket over us and he pulled me facing him. I was all cuddled in his and the blankets warmth.

“I know I have been really weird these past couple of days…I guess I was just worried about something that I now realise was really dumb” I told him honestly.

“Well what was it?” he asked.

Chapter 17

 **EVA**

I had no idea how to tell him without him getting pissed or worse leaving me, okay… I may be overthinking it. I’m just going to say it,

“Okay I feel like you’re going to cheat on me or you’re going to hurt me in some way and I know that’s just my stupid and irrational fear but can you really blame me… you dumped your last serious girlfriend in 2 days! And this has almost reached a month maybe more. Basically, I feel like I’m going to lose you and I don’t know why”

There I said it…I finally said it, I thought I’d feel better or maybe at least light hearted. But when I saw Damien’s face, all I could think was,

I was a BITCH!

He looked like he had stopped breathing which then changed to furious. Oh man if I ever said that he looks hot when angry, I cannot even begin to say how scary he looks when furious.

“Please say something…” I said desperately

Silence

That’s all that was heard, I was getting scared now. I really need him to speak, what if I said the dumbest thing and he leaves me because of it what the hell will I do then?

“I umm…I have to go” he said quickly wearing his clothes and left me standing in my room.

I don’t know how long I just stood there but moments later my mom came in,

“Hey is everything okay? Did you and Damien have a fight, he left really quickly… Eva honey, what’s wrong?” my mom asked concerned.

I broke down, I started crying and couldn’t stop. My mom held me the whole time.

“It’s all my fault mom, I’m so stupid” I kept repeating that line over and over.

“Eva honey, please tell me what’s going on your really scaring me now. Did Damien do something…?”

“No! He didn’t do anything” I said loudly

She looked at me like I had lost my mind, so I stopped crying and told her everything that happened and she listened patiently.

 “Oh honey, it’s okay. It’s not the end of the world, you just shared your thoughts with him and I know he’s angry now but don’t worry he’ll come around” my mom said trying to reassure me.

“Yeah…I hope so too” I said to myself

I tried calling him but he never answered, I guess I really messed up. I’ll just go meet him tomorrow morning, we’ll get past this.

With that thought I went to bed hoping that whatever I said was somehow just a dream and I would wake up with Damien’s arms around me.

***********************************                                                                                      

But it wasn’t a dream, it was true.

The next morning I got up and quickly got ready and left for Damien’s house, I needed to see him. We have to talk about this, if we can’t share our thoughts with each other without any kind of confrontation then it’s pointless being in a ‘Relationship’.

I rang his doorbell, his mom answered

“Hey Eva, come in sweetie… He’s in his room” she told me understanding my reason for coming to her house.

“Thank you…” I said to her gratefully and made my way to his room.

 Damien’s house was just as big as mine , his room was actually just opposite mine that didn’t help me a lot of times because of his constant barging on my privacy which is why I had such thick curtains. Okay really not a good time to think of such random thoughts!

I reached his room and waited for a couple seconds to calm my breathing before knocking on his door, he didn’t reply which made me think he was still sleeping. I slowly entered his room hoping that I didn’t make any unwanted noise.

There he was, lying on the bed with his sheet covering only half of his body. God he looked hot sleeping without a shirt, at least I hope he had pants on.

I sat next to him on the bed and just stared at him, he looked so peaceful and innocent and I was so stupid to ever doubt him.

I caressed my hands through his hair slowly and lovingly, he stirred in his sleep a little but then went back to sleep. I was looking at the photo of the two us when we were 10 when,

“Lie down with me”

I froze for a second. I thought he was sleeping, I looked down at him and saw him awake and staring at me with sleepy eyes but still aware of his surroundings.

I complied at slowly got in bed with him, he pulled the sheets over us and I was engulfed in his warmth.

This is what I wanted to wake up to, this felt right.

We were looking into each other’s eyes saying everything, that we didn’t need to speak. I was overcome with guilt that I didn’t even realise when tears started spilling from my eyes.

“Hey…it’s okay. We’re fine” Damien said trying to make me feel better.

“I’m so sorry…I didn’t mean to hurt you. I was just scared and insecure, I’m really sorry” I said to him still feeling bad about it.

Damien didn’t say anything he just pulled me closer and held on to me.

After a couple minutes, my breathing calmed down and he spoke,

“It’s okay Eva, I know you doubted me and you were right. With my track record it’s easy to assume that I won’t ever settle down, but its different with you Eva” he said that looking directly into my eyes.

“Eva I’m never going to hurt you, you’re the ONE it always has been and it always will be” he said and the relief that I felt was greater than when he told me he loved me.

I guess I was just insecure since this was my first ever relationship.

“Thank you…for loving me so much” I said to him

“You’re welcome” he said smugly

“Now are we going to stay here all day or are you ever going to brush your teeth!” I said to him while covering my nose.

“What!”  He said and tried to tickle me, which I anticipated and leapt of the bed while still laughing.

“I’m going to get you” he said while getting of his bed

“Oh yeah… you can try all you want but you will never get me” I said to him cheekily while standing near his door.

“I already got you sweetheart” he said while smirking.

All I could do was blush and look away…how glad am I that everything was better now.

He started walking towards me and as soon as he was close to me he pulled me towards him so that I was flush against his body. I immediately put my arms around his neck and he put his around my waist. He didn’t need any other type of invitation as he saw the look in my eyes that said only one thing,

‘Kiss me’

    ************************************************