three

The chocolate broke with each crunch, Hitoshi eating slowly and cautiously as Kaminari shared with him

The chocolate broke with each crunch, Hitoshi eating slowly and cautiously as Kaminari shared with him. They sat at a park bench, minimal groceries in hand as they sat together, the taller man's bag of groceries in between them as the shared the bag.

Hitoshi eats sparingly, even as the bag of biscuits was a family size. He only reaches in when he's sure the blonde won't, snatching 3 little cookies at a time, and watches Kaminari only grab 2.

"How have ya' been! I didn't realize to bump into ya so soon!" The blonde cheerily questions, which makes the purple-haired man widen his eyes at the remembrance, and scratching the back of his neck reluctantly.

"I've been.. fine, just work.." Hitoshi inwardly cringes at his speech, because it's so bland and disinteresting, "what about you? I'm sure you've been well."

Kaminari looks like he's glowing, "You are correct! In fact, I'm on hero break for today since boss didn't like how sleepless I looked!" He chuckles, "I'm wondering what I'll make for dinner, so I just went shopping for the fun of it."

It sounds interesting, Kaminari's life. He sounds like he has fun everyday, unafraid of whatever will happen throughout the day, he looks like he's happy all the time. Where did he find that carefreeness, that joy to step outside everyday and to seemingly trust anyone he supposedly meets at 2 am within a shady park? Has Hitoshi ever been able to do that?

"Today will be a .. rainy one I think... so I would suggest maybe something hot?" He mumbles to himself, and unexpectedly finds Kaminari with his full attention on him; nodding understandingly.

"B-but if you don't prefer hot foods then just ignore me."

"Nah I think I'll take you up on that," Kaminari has his face in his hand, "I think I'll do miso soup with steamed salmon, or maybe kimchi fried rice?"

Those sound good, Hitoshi lets himself get lost in the dishes that the blonde suggests, watching him think about what truly to cook.

"Ahhh.. I don't know.." Kaminari whines, looking quite somber as he sinks into the park bench similar to a child with no ice cream, Hitoshi nearly lets himself chuckle at the image— but keeps the noise in his throat.

"If it helps.." the blonde man beside him chewed on a cookie softly. "I'm making beef patties and corn soup, and a side of Greek salad.. just, a bit of inspiration.." he makes sure to murmur a quiet 'i guess'.

This was probably the most honest the insomniac has been in a while, because all the ingredients are in the grocery bags beside him. Kaminari looks quite interested though, eyes glittering at the thought of soup. Ah.. tasty..

He keeps quiet, but it's obvious that the blonde is drooling at the thought of food, kind of scares the insomniac about their diet. Then again; Kaminari looks skinny yet muscular, leaving Hitoshi unsure as the other man's sweater seems to swallow him up.

"My metabolism is very persistent, since my quirk is sorta using it as fuel though all my electricity is kinda brain focused." Kaminari explains, scratching the back of his head as he waves in the air as if he was waving away a though bubble. "I'm not a quirk specialist."

"So you have an electricity quirk..?"

"Yep, in fact; I'm in the process of becoming my own hero!" The blonde gleams at the insomniac, "I'm going by the alias Chargebolt, but hush— I'm getting really popular with the ladies for my charming looks! Hehe."

Hitoshi swears he's heard the name before, but he usually waves off other heroes that assist him aside from former UA classmates, who ungodly still recognize him. Then again, Aizawa and himself weren't all that different looking.

Hitoshi is about to make a casual retort; when a sweet perfume permeates the area and the familiar click of heels makes his skin crawl with goosebumps. His indigo eyes dart towards the sound, which is almost muted by the children in the playground screaming, yet it's loud and ringing in his ears that he finds his throat dry. Eyes widen with fear as his fingers shake, his hands reaching towards the grocery bags and he bolts up, without a goodbye to the blonde who blinks at the back of his newfound friend.

"H-hey! Shinsou?" Kaminari questionably calls after the purple-haired man, head tilting curiously and almost childishly.

"Oh hey Kaminari!" The heels are silent, but the blonde smiles at the gentle voice, turning to see curled hazel locks and pink eyes fluttering.

"Heya—" his voice gets drowned out by the sounds of a passing ambulance, it's sirens on full blast as his lips form the woman's name.

She smiles, pink lips shined and a peek of her pearly teeth.