ten

The insomniac wakes up within a panic once again, because the scent of comfort floods his system like a spiral of zen, smoke following the scent as the candles on the bedside tables were blown out

The insomniac wakes up within a panic once again, because the scent of comfort floods his system like a spiral of zen, smoke following the scent as the candles on the bedside tables were blown out. He woke up to wipe the sleep out of his eyes when he saw it, a small avocado bandaid atop the scratch that she had carefully pressed into. He sits up, gripping the sheets when he recognizes the abundance of Pokémon merchandise, and the army of Pokémon plushes.

His body feels so much more better, though it itches slightly from the abundance of bandaids and bandages when Hitoshi realized that the bites around his chest and neck were completely patches— a flush warming his cheeks as he ran a careful hand around the gauze-ridden area.

"He.. took care of me?" He spoke, mostly to the air and to his ghosts. "He took care of me."

He falls back against the bed when he lets the realization finally sink in, because the embarrassment that Kaminari had to see all those injuries and scars was unbearable. His hand covers his trembling mouth, scared for what was to come eventually. It was the same with everyone who had seen beneath Hitoshi's clothing, the same pity and reaction, same treatment.

The eventual ghosting.

"Ah, sleeping beauty is awakened!" A joyous harmony enters, chasing Hitoshi's thoughts away as his eyes open once again to see a Kaminari; cradling a tray just like he had the first time he let Shinsou stay in his bed.

The panic seems to seep into his expression, because Kaminari lets a gentle hand sink into his ruckus of hair and surprisingly.. he doesn't flinch.

"It's fine Shinsou, I wasn't planning on sleeping anyway." He shrugs, setting the tray down.

This time, it's what looks to be pasta. Cheesy, and the most fluffy macaroni the insomniac has ever seen. Next to it were a jam spread atop toast that was shaped like cats, as if they were specifically for him.

"Mac.. aroni..?" He stammers, startled by the dryness of his throat, to which Kaminari hands him the steaming mug of tea atop the bedside table.

"Yep, sorry if it's too much. I didn't know what was a good breakfast for you was, and just made was I used to make my mom when she was feeling sick." The meal in general was possibly the most adorable thing Hitoshi's seen in a while, and he saw pink dust the blonde's cheek in what seemed to be embarrassment.

"Well I'm not sick, but it's.. nice of you." Hitoshi indirectly thanks, taking a bite of the toast without much hesitation, unlike last time he was offered food. Whatever berries that were in the jam, the insomniac was possibly in love, and it must've shown on his face.

"It's homemade, I'm glad that it's not poisonous. I was hoping to get someone's opinion on it." Kaminari smiled, sitting on the bed next to Hitoshi's feet. "It's raspberry and mango, if that's what you're wondering."

"It's.. nice." He murmured. "I didn't realize you could make, homemade jam of all things."

A small chuckle sounding like "kekeke" come from Kaminari, the blonde covering his lips with his hand.

"Thank you, Shinsou." He smiled, leaving a flutter in the insomniac's chest. "Ah, are you feeling well? You looked a little banged up last night."

Struggling to swallow the forkful of macaroni, Hitoshi stammered around his words, unable to give a real response at the impending question. He knew it was going to happen, and obviously he could lie— but Kaminari was just glittering at him and his throat felt dry at the thought of lying to him, because the blonde clearly didn't deserve that.

"I.. I got into a fight." A half-truth will have to work, and it seemed to satisfy the other.

Kaminari was quiet for a couple minutes, gold eyes burning into Hitoshi's forehead as they made direct eye contact— as if the blonde was verifying the words, before he broke out into a patient smile.

"You can tell me when you're comfortable, I don't wanna push your buttons." His hand was once again in Hitoshi's hair, just as he swallowed the bite of macaroni he never started. Tasted like...

"Comfort food.."

Kaminari let a bigger smile roam his expression at the words, before turning on his phone.

"You wanna see my mother's cat?"