twelve

Denki is smart when he needs to be, and his gold eyes trail up Shinsou's skin to spy upon the pale scars and bandages yet to heal the recent injuries

Denki is smart when he needs to be, and his gold eyes trail up Shinsou's skin to spy upon the pale scars and bandages yet to heal the recent injuries. Muscles are evident in the shirts his friend wears, and his sweatpants compliment his tall build.

More of Shinsou's stuff litters around the apartment, because surprisingly he was able to snatch more items from his girlfriend's clutches to occupy the empty room down the hall from Denki's. After three days of the compromise: they had officially became roommates.

Denki stabs into the omelette that Shinsou had made for breakfast, though the insomniac's eyes always stayed empty until the clock upon the wall clicked; then he would remotely touch his food. Using a majority of his intellect, the blonde had come to the horrifying diet that his roommate kept up.

He needed some kind of sign to eat, whether it was someone beckoning him or perhaps a noise alert.

Denki stared at the back of Shinsou, eyes tracing the muscles prodding out of the grey shirt that was crammed within the man's luggage. Who knew how far those scars ran on the man's skin, pale lines and mismatched skin to symbolize scars?

"What's your little workout.. recipe..?"

Denki could see Shinsou's throat bob as he ate his share of breakfast, the man irking his head back to meet his eyes.

"'Workout recipe'?" Shinsou fully turned around now, way more comfortable than he was a couple days ago. "What do you mean?"

Denki ate a bit more of the omelette, eyes slanting with the incoming yawn. "I mean like, your little.. yeah workout recipe."

He's always called it a recipe, but regardless— Shinsou have a blank-eyed stare at the interpretation.

"Well.. I just follow Deku's workout." Shinsou slipped more food into his mouth, "except a less.. intense version of it."

"Didn't that guy clean up that one trash beach back in high school?"

"I said 'less intense version' for a reason." Shinsou rolled his eyes, but finished his food quietly. "Why?"

Denki thought it over as he let his eyes wander over the carefully carved muscles within Shinsou's arms, and his entire physique as a whole. Staring at the Adam's apple that bobbed in his friend's throat left him sorta jealous.

"I guess my workout isn't as crazy as yours is, I was just wondering since my body is a tad more leaner than yours."

"I mean.. you at least do have a build right?"

Denki poked at his food sadly, eyes averting.

"I only do thirteen pushups daily, and four crunches." The blonde hums, dipping his omelette piece into a blob of ketchup. "I'm more of a far-ranged hero rather a close range, though I'm fit for both."

"I would've thought so, your electricity is weird.." Shinsou commented, "does it ever stop?"

"No, I'm constantly like a... battery!"

The two let the silence roam before the luff of purple hair got up from the table and towards the kitchen, just in front of Denki. Shinsou plopped his plate in to begin cleaning it, snatching the other's dirty dishes before speaking again.

"What do you mean by it never ends? Like is it constantly making cycles around your body?"

That's.. actually pretty accurate to how his quirk is maintained.

"Yeah, it's an instinct to keep it at a tad of electricity— like maybe a pinch and the looser my control on it is, the powerful the volts can get." Denki spoke, swirling his glass of orange juice. "It's not crazy or whatever, as I said; a literal battery."

Shinsou hums understandingly, rinsing the soap suds off the dishes before organizing them atop a rack.

"What about your quirk? You don't tell me about it, not that I expect you to."

Shinsou turns to lean against the sink, and Denki's eyes are immediately drawn to the muscles outlined within the shirt, gold eyes scrolling down unknowingly. With a twitch of 'what the fuck', his lips get dry and he forces himself to pick his eyes back up to meet Shinsou's.

"My quirk is sorta, not the most appealing sounding." Shinsou attempts to warn the blonde, eyelids combing over his eyes before opening again, to see Denki blankly staring at him.

"Man, I've met a dude that pissed actual coffee. At this point within my career, there's no normality in quirks."

The insomniac coughs awkwardly at the statement, eyes averting and flustered by the bluntness. Yet he still retains himself at meets Denki's eyes once again, fingers rubbing the marble of the kitchen's counters.

"Brainwashing." His voice is set more forward than his usual tone, yet the blonde feels relieved to hear his friend be a bit more honest. "I can brainwash people if they respond to my questions, creepy huh?"