thirteen

Hitoshi had finally let it slip about his quirk, and it was like a repeat of history because his eyes are wide and he was met with a gentle and even encouraging smile from Kaminari

It reminded him of Midoriya's eyes, glowing with excitement and almost drooling to know more. Sort of scary to the taller man, but he relaxed slowly and returned the smile with a gentle one.

"That's actually super cool!" The blonde grinned, a closed-eyed smile strewn across his expression. "So like.. you can ask me a question and like.. if I answer, you can just—" Kaminari snapped his fingers for emphasis.

"Yeah, wanna' try it?" A light joke, but Hitoshi was surprised when he saw glitter within those gold eyes of the shorter man. A strong contrast, an openness and welcoming arms.

"Hell yea—" those gold eyes melted into an empty expression, smile dropping to show just the shell of the person. It's been so long since the insomniac's used his quirk so freely, and he could even see a twitch in the corner of Kaminari's lips.

Form perfectly still, awaiting an order. The same stature of everyone that's ever experienced Hitoshi's quirk, and Kaminari has been so happy to try it out.

His lips..

"Spin around two times and tell me about your favorite snack, be honest."

He found himself amused when Kaminari obeyed his command, cheeks growing color as he opened his mouth to reply.

"My favorite food is daifuku with coarse red-bean, I like it since it's very sweet and my mother makes it for me all the time whether I'm sad or not!" The blonde takes a pause to seemingly search his mind. "Oh! And the strawberry is the best part, it's so sweet and juicy!"

Hitoshi let pink slightly dust his cheeks, lips drying with the resistance to 'aw'. Daifuku wasn't his personal favorite, but the treat in itself was cute and the insomniac didn't mind it too much.

With that, gold molted into those eyes once again and the blonde looked like he just ran a marathon with how flushed his cheeks were. A silence fell upon them, and Hitoshi suddenly felt self conscious and regretful.

Kaminari looked to be shivering, flushed face and hands shaking. Just as Hitoshi was about to let an apology out, the blonde let his response blurt out:

"That... t-that was so fucking cool!"

Okay not what he expected

"R-really?" He cant help himself from asking.

"Oh hell yeah! Do you understand how OP that shit can be in certain missions!" Hitoshi knows how 'OP' his quirk can be, Midoriya opened a whole new world to him about its uses. Yet he can't help but listen to the blonde. "Like...like-like a hostage mission, or difficult arrest! That is so damn cool!"

At the acknowledgment, Hitoshi can't resist his own body language when his hand comes to scratch at the back of his head. He knows he's flustered, like when Aizawa pats the top of his head or his former classmates compliment his achievements.

Hitoshi can't help but smile and let pink dust his cheeks a little more brightly, only to be met with a face of awe from the blonde.

"You look dumb, what's so surprising?" Words are blunt, but Kaminari's eyes are glittering like an anime girl with a crush. "C'mon, you're staring."

Beats of silence when the blonde's breath hitches nervously, and his expression morphs into something like that of joy or maybe even admiration. Lips curled and suddenly, Hitoshi feels like he's underwater with how loud his heartbeat grows.

"You should smile way more."