eighteen

He hadn't expected to come home from hero work to Kaminari with a large mixing bowl in his hand, a whisk in the other, and cream over his nose and top lip

He hadn't expected to come home from hero work to Kaminari with a large mixing bowl in his hand, a whisk in the other, and cream over his nose and top lip. There's fresh strawberries upon the marble kitchen top, as well as a cooling rack with bread atop it.

One thing, is that Hitoshi doesn't feel ashamed for calling the apartment 'home'.

There's been many nights where they watched movies and sat in the darkness, eating the convenience store food that Kaminari always brings home.

"Welcome back!" The blonde greeted, licking the cream off his lip. Moments like these would always relax Hitoshi, because he never had this.

He never had anyone kind waiting for him back at home. Maybe he had something like that when he lived in the UA dorms, but now he's an adult, now he has to fend for himself in this cruel world.

"You're making dessert? That's rare."

The blonde sighs, visibly pouting.

"It's because making sweets gives me a headache," in the corner of his lip, there was a slight frown. "It's tiring to even try to make those.. like three-ingredient recipes! Like how?"

Hitoshi peeked over the blonde's shoulder.

"You even made custard? I'm proud."

Kaminari laughed, offering the taller of the two a single spoon.

"Try it! It's not half bad if I do say so myself."

At work; Hitoshi hadn't expected to see Izuku, who greeted him with a polite 'hi!' It was refreshing to say the least, one of his closer friends while studying at UA.

It was even more surprising when they had a long talk in the break room, the greenette pressing some buttons on the vending machine and himself seated on a back-aching chair. He would ask management to replace the seats but he's too lazy.

Izuku talks about his life, how it was since Hitoshi's distanced himself. It's nice to hear about all his friends and how they've been doing, the details of Ochako's wholesome marriage and the scandal between Red Riot and Ground-Zero, especially with Mrs. Midnight finally settling down with someone.

He wonders if there will be a meet up soon, probably barbecue would be good.

"You look healthier, did something happen?" Hitoshi remembers Izuku asking, the blue tint of the windows shining over his face when the sun hit it.

The man doesn't really know what to say, but after a sip of his coffee: he manages to say something.

"I just met someone," Hitoshi offered, his smile is soft— almost invisible. Yet his friend didn't miss it, so Izuku perked.

"I'm glad."

Hitoshi's attention is diverted back to Kaminari, who's looking at him expectantly after the taller man took a taste of the custard. It's sweet, kinda sticky on his tongue but it's not bad.

Not at all, it's addicting. It makes him want another bite, but he refrains.

"Eh, it's alright."

Kaminari visibly irks, his hand going faster and more aggressive on whisking the cream.

"What'dya mean 'alright'? I spent an hour on that y'know!"

One thing that relieves Hitoshi is that even though Kaminari had raised his voice, let his annoyance reflect on his expression, Hitoshi didn't flinch.

He wasn't scared.

The man thinks about Izuku's thankful and relieved expression.

He's happy that he wasn't scared of Kaminari.