10.

I'm putting the finishing touches on my hair when I hear a knock at the door . I walk over to the door when I find Wanji standing there with a grin.

"You're still beautiful as ever .." , he say .

I blush and he laughs really hard .

"Nana Banana you don't change do you...bambo anu akuyembekezera "

" what do you mean your man is waiting? Which man ? "

"Isn't Atlas your boyfriend? " , he laughs .

" fake .." , I correct him , "fake boyfriend "

" Right", he says laughing before adding, " shall we ma'lady ? "

I slid my arms around his elbows as he walks me to the river where a concert's being held .

The landscape is every vivid colour, every one of them as fresh as a new painting straight from Rome. The brilliant yellows /oranges banished every dark thought and the sky lifted the eye in a way that brought the People to admire the strands of drifting bright coloured lights scattered across the nebula . The trees were deep with late spring foliage and the flowers rioted in the jubilant way that only the most divine of blooms . The scenery was breathtaking.

As we approach the floral arch of an entrance, Chonde stands up to great us . He's wearing a gorgeous black Chitenge print tuxedo with black slacks.

" you look gorgeous" , he says, "Boy zone should come to Zambezi more often "

" you're just saying that" , I say forcing a frown.

" where's Sakhwima ? " , I ask looking around.

" she couldn't make it ..." Wanji says sadly before adding , " alright you two ..have a great evening... I'm going to sit over there ...the view is amazing !!"

I want to invite him over but I'm sure if Atlas is cool with that so I stay silent. He starts to walk away when I hear atlas call to him .

" Wanzeru ..? " , he says , " Why don't you join Ntochi and I ? "

A huge smile lifts hes gorgeous face into a grin .

" I thought you'd never ask" , he says taking a sit besides me . I'm in between two hot guys ! Yess Lawwd . Calm down Ntochi. Take it easy .

It's a wonderful night , I'm having the time of my life with the most wonderful people ever when someone Pat's my back . I look back and I find , Sombo , my supermodel long time friend in All her glory . She looks stunning .

" AAAAH!!!" , I scream in exhilaration.

" girlll! " she says as I stand to pull her into an embrace .

Chonde and Sombo's eyes meet momentarily. And I immediately sense a bittersweet exchange .

" Chonde ..... I'm- I'm- ", she swallows .

" Sombo- " , he says just when his phone rings , " excuse me I have to take this call ..." he walks away into the night , leaving awkwardness in his wake .

" It was nice seeing you ...." , she says forcing a smile and walking away quickly.

" that was awkward" , I say as she leaves , " she looks like she couldn't wait to leave...."

" Nana .....that's because Sombo is his Ex...."

"What? ", the ghost of words roll off my tongue.

" Don't tell him I told you.... " , but that's the girl he was seeing..before...before you ."

It takes me some time to process everything . Sombo is happyly married with three kids . She's a beautiful model that also messed up Atlas . I mean him being unable to find another woman attractive other than her . He still loves her . But why does it hurt me so much. Why do I care that my fake boyfriend still loves his ex. His my fake boyfriend after all . It shouldn't matter . It mustn't matter. I can't be Falling for Atlas . I can't.