11

Song  dedication  : Baby can I hold you tonight  - boy zone

Urgently need to  get home . Wanji will bring you back home .... I'll explain later .  Will make it up to you xx . 

The text I get from  Chonde reads .  Amidst all the realizations about his ex , my heart manages to find more room for heart break .

" You know your night doesn't have to end like this..." , Wanji says with a smile kissing my forehead .

" what do you mean? " , I say .

" I could be the prince that slays your dragon  ...just for today ...." , he says pulling  me up to dance with him . He gently slids his hands on my hips and begins to sway me to the song , baby can I hold you tonight by boyzone .

" Dragon ? ..... we don't have those here ... maybe you could slay my Ng'ona...."

" that's brilliant!" , he says with a chuckle,  " I am your Crocodile slayer in shining armour.."

I laugh , he laughs too.

" I always did like how you smiled..." , he says .

" how do I smile.. ? " , I ask .
" like a sweet nana banana "  , he says  .

" I can't believe were in our thirties and you still call me that.... " , I tell him.

" you're my teenage dream..." , he says   with a grin .

" Wanji ...."

" and yes I know , you're in love with that douchè bag of a guy I call my bestfriend...."

" Is it that obvious???...." , I smile at him .

" I see how you look at him..Ntochi... part of me wishes you looked at me like that and part of me will kill him if he breaks your heart.."

I swallow hard , like there's an invisible lump of coal on my throat. 

" Wanji ...what about Sakhwima-"

" I love Sakhwima and I want to marry her..but life has taught me that just because you fall in love with someone else ... doesn't mean you stop loving the person you once dated  .... I still love you alot Ntochi,  and I understand were never getting back together... but the love is just there ..."

He holds me real close and squeezes my waist.

" you know what would make me happy ? " , he says .

" ayi sindikudziwa" , I tell him brusquely. I genuinely don't know at this point . He's unpredictable.

" Give me one last kiss ..." , he says .

My heart drops into my stomach as he grabs me to his lips . Putting his lips on mine.  I don't want this . But my body does.  Does that make me a bad person?