Chapter 17: Kouji

The background of the young actor wasnt as ordinary as it looked. His ident.i.ty was rather special. In the crowd of stars, he was really just a newcomer. In the eyes of the public, he was just a small role forced by the investors to join the cast. He wasnt even taken seriously by everyone.

Although Guo Li Peng was disgusted with the actor given by the investors, he was slick. The roles were for him to decide. No matter how big you invested, you cant decide for it. This way, the young actorXue Bai Ping joined the crew.

Today wasnt the first time that Xue Bai Ping appeared in front of the crew. However, this was the first time that he was shooting his scenes. The situation wasnt very good. After shooting, the director directly wanted to change him. Xue Bai Pings situation wasnt good. He never expected that the crew would have someone younger than him by a year. He thought that this Yan Mu Lin, who scared him so much he fell from the chair, was really skilled.

Everytime he appeared in a TV drama, whether it was an idol drama, or a serious drama, he was always isolated. People who didnt know him thought that he was supported by a backer. People who knew him, his relatives and friends, did not care much about him, as long as their child was walking comfortably in the entertainment industry. There have been several times that he had joined a series due to being an investor, causing everyone to think that every time he got into a show was because of a backer. Now, only his lovable fans could comfort his heavily damaged soul.

The conclusion was that every time Xue Bai Ping had to film, he finishes it hurriedly. He did not have time to make a real friend in the entertainment circle. The man in front of him did not seem to have come close to him because of his ident.i.ty. Maybe he could chat and exchange ideas with Yan Mu Lin, then he was scared.

Yan Mu Lin patted his shoulders with unusual pride, and held out his hand: Did you hear that? This was what you said while you were filming. Do you feel something wrong?

Xue Bai Ping was still shocked, but soon recovered: Yes, very much, but I couldnt tell what is wrong. Could you give me pointers?

Giving pointers to a celebrity made him feel a sense of accomplishment. Yan Mu Lin felt happy, and didnt hide it. He said, I dont mind. You see this Pei!, when you say it, the tone should be rising, and not like spitting water. I havent read your script, but based on my personal understanding, it must have a rising tone. Next, the name Gou San. In that sentence, you have to highlight it. You must identify the key points. On the second sentence, I think the focus of it was this Gou San person. Again, the word is an onomatopoeia. You could choose when to split the sound. There should be no problem if you sprayed your saliva. Then the word gou in the last sentence, I told him that his surname, Gou, fits him! must be said longer, but not too long. You could handle that. Do you want to try it as I said?

A light bulb flashed in Xue Bai Pings mind as he listened to Yan Mu Lins explanation. He nodded, Okay, then I will try.

In the ten minutes that Xue Bai Ping rested, his short bout of depression was scared off by Yan Mu Lin. The rest of the time was spent practicing his lines. Xue Bai Ping was not a professional actor, however due to his efforts, he was now a second-rate actor. He was young, his future was limitless, and his flaws could be made up by studying.

Xue Bai Ping and Yan Mu Lin sat a few distance away from the set. When Xue Bai Ping was in front of the camera again, his aura had a few changes. You wouldnt notice it if you didnt look carefully. But if he started to recite his lines while you were watching, you could see the effect of his ten-minute rest. The director was satisfied and pa.s.sed Xue Bai Ping after one take.

Xue Bai Ping returned to his previous position excitedly, and discovered that the man who just helped him had disappeared. He asked his agent, but his agent said that he did not see where the person went. Xue Bai Pings face was filled with depression. If he didnt have to film, then he would have stood up and looked for that person. It was hard for him to find a person to talk to, then he suddenly disappeared.