Chapter 4: A Confused Nereus?

"Listen I'm really fine" Nereus protested sitting up properly as he balanced himself on the stretcher.

Nereus held onto the rail for support to keep him from falling back down. His head was throbbing, it was killing him as the constant pain continued. He shut his eyes again as he winced in pain from the severe headache and constant ringing in his ears.

Kaiko rolled her eyes at Nereus protesting but her face softened as she saw him wince in pain.  As they approached the infirmary Nereus caught the door frame and held on not letting Kaiko push the stretcher any further.

"You are not fine old man, now be quiet while I examine you," she said in a stern voice pushing him back down taking his hand off the doorframe pushing him into the room.

After a few minutes Will and Fontaine came in to see how Nereus was doing, he was fast asleep when they entered.

"How is he Kaiko?" Will asked looking at Kaiko with his back to him.

"He is fine, no internal damage. Just a concussion luckily and a bruise. He has fallen asleep again, not fainted" she replied with a reassuring look glancing over her shoulder" he must have hit his head hard"

"What happened?" Fontaine asked looking over at the sleeping Nereus.

"What do you mean?" Kaiko asked turning around to face them.

"Like I mean how did he get a concussion in the first place" Fontaine added to her statement her eyes narrowed.

"I don't know but he does have a lot of explaining to do once he is conscious," Kaiko said taking the gloves off her hands and picking up her tablet of the table.

"Dad!" Ant whined over his comm a frown displayed across his face.

"What happened Ant?" Will asked lifting his hand to speak over his comm curious on what had happened.

"Fontaine ate all the cookies," he said, a loud slam could be heard which probably was the kitchen door and him mumbling something under his breath.

Kaiko turned to Fontaine with a frown her lips pursed as she shook her head in disapproval.

"You could have kept a couple for your brother," she said folding her arms over her tablet.

"I was hungry and Ant was never going to be able to finish all of them" Fontaine responded folding her arms too like her mother.

A chuckle escaped Will's mouth seeing the mother-daughter duo.

"Come on then, I'll go make us some breakfast" Will spoke before turning away walking to the kitchen.

"Will, I better make bre..." Kaiko started knowing it was a terrible idea for Will to cook.

A small beep caught Kaiko's attention, it was her tablet. Nereus' results had came. Will left the room before Fontaine could protest against it.

"His vitals seem ok everything normal" she murmured to herself taking a pen and writing it down as she spoke.

"Kaiko I have changed the password, he won't guess this one" Odette said entering the room seeming quite pleased with herself.