Chapter 20:Ant's Missing

Alpheus's sub suddenly stopped a couple of miles away from the Aronax, Ant let go of his tight grip confused, noticing how the airlock has opened. Knowing it was a trap he hesitated for a minute to not rush into things.

"Mom?Dad?" He tried over his comm, static only could be heard, he bit his lip as he tried to think of an idea.

When he had no idea he decided to try to go in undetected. Slowly and warily he made his way to the airlock glancing around for any traps. As he stepped inside of the airlock, it closed behind him with a thud.

"Great" he mumbled as the water was drained out "so much for being undetected"

He stepped outside of the shadow knight before the doors infront opened. He glanced around for either Proteus or Alpheus.

"Anteus Nekton, the bridge is to your left" ARIA said over the intercomm, causing Ant to flinch at the sudden noise.

Kaiko and Will abandoned the rover for the moment and headed first to Odette.

"Are you okay?" Kaiko asked checking her vitals first from the screen.

"Mhm" Odette responded trying to move her hands but to no avail.

The MagKnights controls were dead and so were the engines.

"Put your rebreather masks on, I'm going to eject you out" Will replied trying to get to the control panel.

"Ok" Odette replied putting the mask on. As the Odette too was ejected out their attention turned a loud creak. As they looked up the saw the Aronax in a even worser state, pieces of the outer panels were floating around in the water.

"Oh no" Kaiko whispered seeing the state of the Aronax gripping onto Will's hand as came closer.

As they boarded the Aronax, Nereus and Madeline were in there too, the entire room had flooded. The claw swung towards them, Will pulled Kaiko into his embrace as she barely missed the claw. Odette dived straight down again to avoid been hit.

"Nereus?Madeline? What I'm earth are you trying to do?" Kaiko asked as him randomly pressed a load of button.

The lights turned off and on and the glass opening for where the knights were held and then a loud annoying alarm started to go off. Nereus and Madeline both covered their ears, as they tried pressing another button.

Kaiko shook her head in disapproval, "try the big orange button"

"Oh" Madeline responded pressing it as the moon pool closed, a smile across her face.

Nereus chuckled at how easy it was for them, Odette shook her head as she remembered the time he had thrown all the tablets into the moon pool.

"You seriously need some lesson on electronics, especially how to turn things off" Odette remarked as they swam out of the moon pool.

"You still remember that" Nereus chuckled nervously.

"Will, Odette I need you to put up the shields and pump out the water, I'm going to check on Fontaine" Kaiko said worriedly before swimming of to the infirmary.