Chapter 15: Ransom Money

"And what are you doing here Nereus at this time" Will asked glaring over to Nereus.

A sudden long held hum interrupted their conversation.

"What's that noise?" Finn asked looking around the room for the source of the noise.

"Someone is calling" Will answered looking down at his wife.

"Who would be calling at this hour?" Kaiko groaned quietly as she turned to leave for the bridge.

"Keep an eye on Nereus" Kaiko whispered quietly for Will to only hear.

As Kaiko left for the bridge, she sat down on her chair. She yawned glancing around the room tiredly before pressing the button, answering the call. On the screen appeared a very familiar face.

Will entered the room with Nereus close behind him.

"Nektons I want me children back, now!" Hammerhead shouted over the call.

"Your children, the ones you abandoned" Kaiko said sternly her fists clenching.

"I didn't abandon them, I just told them to wait" Hammerhead replied hesitating as he realised his mistake.

"Why you...." Kaiko began standing up before Will intervened. He gave Kaiko a reassuring smile before making her sit back down.

"Hammerhead, they were in danger and you abandoned them" Will said more calmly then Kaiko, who was keeping quiet only for Will's sake.

"I.. I had to, I had no choice. Me treasure was in danger" he replied stuttering a bit.

The doors opened as Finn and Fontaine walked in.

"Me boy!" Hammerhead exclaimed cheerfully displaying a huge smile as his face came close to the screen.

"Dad?" Finn questioned looking at the screen.

Kaiko glared at Hammerhead with anger, "did you know about Finn's cut"

"It was only a teeny cut, nothing too bad" He responses "we had ran out of bandage supplies too"

"Anyway, I want me children Nektons" he responded.

Both Kaiko and Will knew that if they sent them back, Finn's cut could get worse due to the conditions onboard the Dark Orca. It had already been infected and it wasn't the best experience either for Finn for it to be cleaned. An idea popped into Kaiko's mind she smiled as it would work.

"You can have them back but for a price" Kaiko said slyly.

Both Fontaine and Will looked at Kaiko with confusion.

"A ransom?" Will questioned turning to his wife.

"Yes, 45 gold coins" Kaiko replied bluntly.

"What! How on Earth am I meant to get 45 gold coins." Hammerhead exclaimed on hearing Kaiko's decision.

"I heard you found some treasure the other day, I'm sure there would be enough there." She replied smiling.