Chapter 14: The Diary

"Firstly even Mom and Dad haven't heard me play, and secondly good luck finding your way to your room! Bye" Fontaine said abruptly walking to the door a smirk creeping up her face.

Finn chuckled quietly as he left the infirmary, he knew his room was somewhere near Ant's room. As he walked down the corridor he bumped straight into Kaiko.

"You okay?" Kaiko asked extending her out to Finn who was on the floor.

"Mhm" Finn said as Kaiko pulled him up.

"Finn, your meant to be asleep" Kaiko said frowning.

"I got lost" Finn answered scratching his head.

"I'm guessing then Fontaine didn't show you your room, come on then" Kaiko responded rubbing her eye the gestured to follow her.

As soon as Finn entered his room, Kaiko turned to the other room across the corridor. She quietly approached the door trying not to make any noise and opened it quickly not expecting at all at what she saw. For once in his life, Ant was asleep without her taking his tablet and comic books away. She smiled as she closed the door and headed to Will's and hers room.

Nereus as soon as heard Kaiko's door close put the light on in his room. The diary, it was a clue. He got up and slowly lifted his pillow revealing the diary. As he opened it, he started to flick through the pages written in Lemurian. A secret Nereus had been keeping from the Nektons was that his Lemurian was much more advanced than they thought. The diary entry was over 6000 years old, but still readable. He flicked over to the English pages. It seemed as if they had been written in a hurry, Lemurian words were quite long so if you were in a hurry weren't the best to write down in detail.

He looked closely at the words smudged trying to form a sentence. The words 'the terror' and 'Queen Doreus' and 'cave' were used quite often. Tomorrow was going to be another day trying to figure out what was written in it. A theory both Nereus and Kaiko shared was the diary was the object Alpheus wanted, if so why?

As the strips of a baby pink and pastel orange filled the sky, on the Aronax someone else was awake apart from the marine animals outside of the Aronax.

Fontaine grabbed her guitar case quietly from the infirmary and headed to her room pleased no one had woken up. She had to especially quiet since Madeline was in the room in front and Nereus was in the one next to hers. She placed her guitar case on her bed and opened it. She carefully took her guitar out. She went to the control panel located in the far left corner of her room and put the sound proof wall design on. She and Kaiko had been working on it since ages, but in the end it worked perfectly.

She plugged her headphones into her tablet and chose a song. Picking up her guitar began strumming it matching the key signature and started to play a harmony along with it. As the music engulfed her attention she did not notice a certain someone slip into her room. She began singing quietly though along with the words playing in the headphones.

Finn slowly walked into the room and sat down on her bed beside Fontaine, her back to him. Her voice to him was like an angel. As he too got lost in Fontaine's singing he didn't notice even when she opened her eyes again and turned around.

Fontaine's eye widened in shock as she immediately stopped singing, she nearly dropped her guitar in the process as she did not expect him to be sitting there. Finn opened his eyes confused as he heard Fontaine stop singing. As he opened them it revealed a very angry Fontaine glaring at him with her hands on her hip her brows up expecting a good explanation.

"W..why are you in my room" Fontaine said taking her headphones off.

"I...i...I saw you walking to the infirmary, and then back holding your guitar case." Finn replied.

"So you decided to follow me" Fontaine said rolling her eyes at his response. His explanation didn't convince her too much but reluctantly she let it slide.

"although your singing was quite good, you sound just like an angel" Finn added making the colour red slowly creep up Fontaine's face.

"Look who's blushing" Finn teased her.

"I.im not blushing, I'm angry" Fontaine stuttered biting her lip.

"Sure you are, by the looks I guess your very angry."

"I'm not" Fontaine blurted out

"Could I see the diary Finn" Fontaine said trying to change the subject quickly.

Finn chuckled but nodded, "I think it's in the study"

"Ok let's go" Fontaine replied packing her guitar away trying to change the subject away from her singing.

"You need to teach me how to play like that". Finn said going back the topic teasing her.

"Maybe, pirate boy, now come on" Fontaine said sarcastically gesturing to the door.

The pair went towards the study quietly making sure they didn't make any noise as they passed Kaiko and Will's room. However as they approached they heard noises coming from inside.

"Shh" Fontaine signalled placing her finger to her lip.

Finn understood and slowly the door opened revealing Nereus.

"Fontaine!" Nereus exclaimed loudly shutting the safe's door with a thud.

"Shhh!" Fontaine said loudly looking at him angrily glancing over at Kaiko's and Will's bedroom door.

A sigh of relief filled the room as the door didn't open.

"Why are you here so early Fontaine and Finn?" Nereus asked a curious look on his face.

"Nothing!" Fontaine blurted out before Finn could say a word.

"And I could ask the same question for you"

"Me, oh I... I" Nereus stuttered not completing his sentence.

"I though Kaiko had changed the password" Finn asked glancing to the safe.

Nereus displayed a frown as if he was glaring at Finn.

"Oh, lucky guess" Nereus said chuckling nervously.

"Oh.." he said staring behind Fontaine.

"Nereus what happened?" Fontaine asked as Nereus suddenly went quiet.

"You can tell me why young lady, you are up this early" Kaiko said from behind her arms crossed over her chest with Will standing beside her.

Kaiko's hair was down in a mess but the two were still wearing their wetsuits. This confirmed Finn's suspicions of the Nektons always being in their wetsuits.

Fontaine and Finn turned to see the couple looking at them sternly.

"Mom" Fontaine exclaimed displaying a nervous smile as she glanced over to Nereus who pushed the safe making sure it was closed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Words: 1227
Vote
And
Comment
💖