Chapter 24: Secrets Revealed~2

"Now go get the vase, it has to be filled with water" Proteus said gripping onto the pieces of the empheychron.

Alpheus scowled hating to be ordered about by Proteus as he started to walk off.

As he returned after a few minutes with a vase about 30cm tall and 15 cm wide filled nearly up to the brim with water. He struggled to hold it and let it down roughly onto the ground.

"Careful!" Protues shouted as it hit the ground with a thud, luckily not broken.

"We are approaching Alpheus's sub, ok activating our sonar deflecting technology Professor Fiction added" Kaiko muttered as the sub was close enough to appear on sonar

"But they can still see us with their eyes right?" Fontaine questioned her attention turning to Kaiko.

"Let's hope they not concentrating on outside" Odette responses.

"Unfair!" Fontaine complained as she saw on her screen 'you lose'

As Alpheus's sub came into view, Kaiko stopped the sub.

"Will? Get ready to suit up, you too Odette" Kaiko said over her comm before turning to Odette.

"On my way" Will responded dismay as Nereus still hadn't told him anything yet.

"I want to go as well, " Fontaine responded standing from her seat.

"No, your still haven't completely recovered" Kaiko responded frowning.

"I'm going whether you like it or not" Fontaine responded before running off before Kaiko could protest.

Kaiko shook her head in annoyance as she turned to Odette gesturing to follow her.

Ant scrambled around trying to get a better view of the vase. There were intricate designs along it, with their family symbol on it as well.

Alpheus slowly lowered the empheychron into the water. It glowed a ghostly yellow colour, then turning the empheychron on a bright light filled the room causing everyone to close their eyes bruises of the brightness. As Alpheus slowly opened his eyes he noticed a singe symbol was shown there in the water. A symbol be had never seen before, certain he hadn't seen it on the empheychron before.

"Alpheus I had detected the Aronax near us, I believe they are using sonar deflecting technology" ARIA stated over the intercom.

Alpheus sighed as he got a glance of the whereabouts of the symbol and pulled the empheychron out which was dripping wet. The glow immediately disappeared like it was being sucked back into the empheychron.

"I better fix the engines, that Nekton boy damaged it meaning we can only move 25% of our normal speed" Alpheus replied scowling.

"I'll go to check on the Nekton boy," Proteus replied putting the Empheychron on Alpheus's chair which soaked it.

Ant watched in amazement as the pair left the room leaving the vase and the empheychron.

To his luck the grate underneath him began to slip. He felt the grate fall as he too fell from the ceiling.

He fell again to the floor luckily this time landing on his two feet. Ant glanced around to check no one was coming back and headed from the control panel on Alpheus chair.

"Mom?Mom?" Ant asked over the comm on the control panel.

A few seconds of silence went by before...

"Ant! We are coming to get you, your dad and Fontaine should be there right about now" Kaiko responded with relief after hearing his voice "are you okay?"

"I'm okay Mom" Ant replied a smile forming on his face.

On cue, the engines shut down, the sub stopping completely.

"Anteus Nekton is on the bridge and our engines have been comprimised by the actions of William Nekton" ARIA said over the intercom.

"Way to go Dad!" Fontaine cheered as the ship halted to a stop

Will chuckled as he pulled out the sub's engines with the rovers arms. As he dropped the engines that slowly but gradually fell to the sea bed, "let's go get Ant"

"ARIA block all exits" Alpheus said as he rushed to the bridge scowling.

The doors infront of him suddenly shut, the same with the door behind him.

"Not all doors ARIA!" Alpheus exclaimed as the doors slowly opened again in his command.

Proteus appeared from behind him as they quickly made their way to the bridge.

A sudden away of the sub caught their attention.

"Air lock theee has been opened, closing the compartment to avoid flooding" ARIA said over the intercom.

Ant picked the empheychron from Alpheus's chair and went to reach out for the vase. Rapid footsteps could be heard in the distance so he went back to the control panel not wanting to waste time.

"Now which one was it again?" He mumbled to himself pressing every button.

The bridge door closed by accident shutting Proteus and Alpheus out.

"ARIA open the door immediately"

"Your control panel overrides my commands."

Ant finally pressed the right button as a tube appeared. Thinking he had time he went to the vase to bring it back onboard. To his dismay it was heavy as an elephant as he struggled to drag it.

"ARIA overide my overide!" Alpheus exclaimed banging on the door.

The door suddenly opened causing Ant to stumble back from the vase. He ran back with the empheychron to the tube as Alpheus reaches out to grab him but missed.

"Stop him!" Proteus shouted as a rebreather was ejected into Ant's hand and the tube closed up.

"ARIA stop him!" Alpheus exclaimed banging his hand on the tube as Ant waved goodbye holding the empheychron in his hands.

As Ant was ejected out into the water with force he caught something with his free hand which hurt quite a lot because of the impact on the metal, his eyes were shut closed wincing as he made contact on the object

"Looks like Ant doesn't need rescuing" Will remarked as Ant slowly opened his eyes.

He had caught onto the rovers arms, smiling as he let go holding the empheychron in both his hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Words: 1006
Eeeekk! This book has nearly reached 8K reads!! Thank youuu!
Vote
And
Comment💖