Chapter 8: The Small Box

The water rushed into the room and started to flood it. Alpheus dived under the water unseen as he swam away.

"Quick to the moon pool" Will exclaimed struggling to keep above the water as the water still rushed in. The room they were in filled up with water rapidly.

Kaiko was the first to reach the moon pool, their knights and the rover was floating around in the water. She saw Alpheus waiting in there, the moon pool door opened.

"Sorry Mrs Nekton I would love to say but got to go," Alpheus said smiling as ARIA appeared under the moon pool door.

Kaiko reached out to pull the lever to close the door but to her dismay the lever was stuck. She frowned as she tried to close it but to no avail, the lever was jammed.  

The others appeared behind her, her attention trued towards the fact everyone was running out of air, giving up on the stuck lever she swam towards the rover. She reached inside the rover and gave rebreather to Finn and Madeline. The entire sub was nearly flooded. Will, Kaiko and Ant climbed in their knights closing the canopy and pumped out the water from their suits and Fontaine swam into the rover closing the canopy gasping for breath as their oxygen nearly ran out.  Once the canopy of the Swamp Knight closed, the water drained out as WIll took in deep breaths of air. He looked around and saw the open moonpool. Pulling hard on the lever it finally moved to shut the very unreliable moon pool door, which looked as if it were to burst because of the pressure building up inside.

"We need to stop that leak Will" Kaiko exclaimed over her comm gesturing to him, "kids go back to the Aronax.

"Mom, you'll need our help to close the compartments to stop the flooding," Fontaine said stubbornly crossing her hands over her chest.

"Fontaine, the entire sub is filled with water, it is not safe" Kaiko retaliated persistently.

"We are staying to help," Ant said firmly putting on his rebreather mask inside of the shadow knight ready to eject out as well as Fontaine.

"......ok fine....., but close the compartments but then out and back to the Aronax," Kaiko replied hesitating, worrying she might regret her decision later.

"Yes!" Ant exclaimed as he ejected himself out of the shadow knight.

"Quickly," Fontaine said also ejecting herself and leaded everyone to the rooms.

As the four children swam towards the different rooms, Fontaine turned back to only see Madeline and Ant there.

"Finn where are you?" Fontaine asked over her comm looking around worriedly, glancing around the corridors.

"I'm getting something" was all she got in response which annoyed her before he trailed off.

"Quick we need to close the rooms," Ant said pushing a door shut while Madeline closed another.

"Let's see who can close the most doors" Madeline exclaimed closing another door displaying a smug face.

"Ok fine," Ant said determined to win that as he already lost their fight before.

Fontaine shook her head as she watched the two younger siblings swimming about trying to shut the doors frantically.

"Fontaine, how are those compartments coming along?" Will asked as he wielded scrap metal together with the Swamp Knights laser trying to fix the hole. 

"We are working on it" Fontaine replied looking around for Finn, as she swam down the corridors.

Loud creaking noises could be heard and some pipes burst. From the corner of her eye, she saw a figure swim towards them, it was Finn.

"Where did you go?" She asked demandingly furrowing her brows.

"To get something" he replied showing a small box, a relieved look upon his face as he held it tightly.

He had hidden the box under his 'bed' underneath some of his clothes, Proteus not suspecting it being under there.

"Done," Madeline said panting regaining her breath as fog covered the rebreather mask.

"All compartments sealed, and plus I clearly won" she added smiling with a smug face.

"Oh" Ant groaned in defeat as he too finally finished closing the last door swimming towards them.

"Mom, we are done," Fontaine said ignoring their fight over her comm.

"Good I'm pumping the water out of the Dark Orca using the ballasts. Hold on!"

Kaiko hovered her finger over the button, either it would work and the water would be drained but if the ballasts were put under to much pressure they could bust. She pressed the button squinting hoping for the best as the loud noises were getting even louder. She looked around to see if the water was being sucked out, and to her happiness it was. A smile formed on her face as she watched the water drain out. Kaiko climbed out of the White Knight and went to search for Will and the kids.

"Are you guys ok?" Will asked as he saw Fontaine and Ant along with Madeline and Finn.

A wave of relief swept over him knowing they all were ok. He didn't notice the box, Finn was holding.

"Mhmm" Ant responded taking his rebreather mask off.

Kaiko soon joined them, she looked around at the damage done.

"Finn and Madeline you're coming on board the Aronax" Kaiko said abruptly examining the burst pipes.

"No way, we are not abandoning the Dark Orca. Plus Dad is coming back soon to" Madeline exclaimed furrowing her eyebrows.

"It's not safe and I'm not leaving you guys alone" Kaiko responded looking towards Will for assurance.

Will nodded his head giving a small smile knowing it was best not to argue with Kaiko.

"Plus I'm going to have a word with Hammerhead once he comes back" she muttered infuriated under her breath making sure no one heard her remark.

Madeline opened her mouth to retaliate but didn't as Finn nudged her to keep quiet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Words:990

Next Chapter on Tuesday!

Vote
And
Comment!
💖