The Shadows

A/N: Another chapter out! Who's doing the disclaimer this time? Also shout-out to Cactus_Draws for no reason. They're awesome.
Harry: I want to do it.
Me: Sure, you haven't done much in this anyway. Go ahead Harry.
Harry: The author owns nothing-
Me: I own the plot.
Harry: Whatever. The Wizarding World is owned by J.K Rowling and the... Percy...Jackson....Universe? Whatever it is, it's owned by Rick Riordan.
Me: You did okay. Onto the story! Also TW for some whump. It's not graphic, but there's some self hate and some torture in there. If you feel uncomfortable reading this, there will be a short summary at the end of the chapter :) I don't want any of you missing out because certain topics make you feel bad. Take care of yourselves!

***Will's P.O.V***

I didn't open my eyes straight away. Every atom of my body ached, and I could hear vague whisperings around me. Opening one eye slowly, I was in total darkness. I was also dangling from my wrists, and I tried not to think about the damage that was going to cause. After letting my eyes adjust to the light, or lack of, I could make out some fuzzy shapes below me. There was a banging noise, and a door opened. Eris came in, eyes blazing with madness. I didn't have time to process what was going on before white hot pain exploded in my back. It took me a moment to realise what was happening as I bit down on my lip so I wouldn't scream. I failed at that.

She's whipping me. She's torturing me and it hurts and I want it to stop and I want to see Nico. Is he okay? Will I ever see him again?

I could hear her leaving as the pain began to dull slightly. My heart beat was pounding in my ears, and it's cold in there. I didn't know where I was, or what time it was. How long was I out? All this medical training and I couldn't even heal myself as Eris left me to suffer. The noises around me were magnified yet I still couldn't make out what they were saying. I hoped Nico was alright without me...

Maybe he'd be better off without you. Aren't you a waste of space anyway? Any one of your siblings could do a better job than you. Perhaps you should just let Eris have her fun.

Wait, what the Hades am I thinking? What's happening to me?

***Eris' P.O.V***

I watched the son of Apollo from the shadows as my latest creation battled with his mind. His screams were beautiful earlier, but I did like to be original. I'd also rather not make him bleed too much. If he bleeds all over the floor, it's always a nightmare to clean. So, emotional trauma it is then. He wouldn't be a happy ball of sunshine for much longer. It was almost adorable how he worried about the short son of Hades. It just one more weapon to use against him. The shadows could not only terrorise his thoughts, they could show his worst fears, his darkest memories. I almost squealed from all the excitement.

***Will's P.O.V***

The chains rubbed my wrists uncomfortably and I squirmed as the shadows lashed out at me. They still landed blows however, and it felt like an iron fist each time. Eventually they slunk back into the wall, and those thoughts came back again.

Worthless.

No one loves you.

Nico hates you. He just hides it.

Think of all the people you failed to save.

I let out a choked sob. Tears pricked at my eyes, and I tried to stop them from falling. I was almost succeeding, trying to remember things Nico and I did together at camp.

Think about all the people you failed to save.

No, I saved loads of lives. Right? Even if I couldn't save all of them...

You could have done so much more. So what if you saved a couple? Even more died in their place!

Illusions - at least, I thought they were illusions - formed in front of me, showing every patient I couldn't save, every life that was lost because of me. Various faces and injuries filled my mind, jostling around. The tears slipped down my face, and I let the memories come.

A child of Hermes. Sword through the abdomen. Bled out as I tried to heal them.

A child of Athena. Poisoned. I gave them the antidote too late.

A child of Ares. Broken ribs that punctured their lung. Nothing I did worked, no amount of ambrosia would fix them.

All dead. Because of me.

See? You deserve to feel like this. You deserve to be in pain. Let them have their revenge.

The tears were falling faster now.

Why are you crying? Are you pathetic now too? Weak? What did Nico ever see in you? I don't know why he loves you, he probably just lets you hang around with him out of pity.

The shadows were right. I'm worse than the monsters that did the damage in the first place. Those people...they trusted me, and I failed them.

I'm such a failure. I failed them, failed Nico...

Failed myself.

A/N: Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

SUMMARY: Will wakes up in the dark, aching. Eris comes in and hurts him. The shadows around him make him start to hate himself. Eris is enjoying this. He thinks of patients he couldn't save. Eventually he gives up and let's Eris torture his mind. He thinks he's failed everyone.

A very sad chapter :( I love to make you guys suffer. This book hadn't had a lot of whump in it so...

HOWEVER if you are feeling like Will was in this, I need you to know that you are loved. There will always be someone there for you, even if it doesn't seem like it. If you need someone to talk/vent/whatever to, I'm here. You can contact me through Wattpad, Tumblr (lostinmyfictionaluniverses or houser-of-stories) or Instagram (lucythepufferfish). You're never alone :)

Question Of The Chapter: Favourite Holiday and Why?

Answers for Musical Quiz last chapter:

1. Heathers.

2. Beetlejuice.

3. Mean Girls.

Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this chapter please comment and vote! If you want to see more of my stuff, give mr a follow!

Until next time,

~HouserOfStories