Memories

A/N: I know it's been a while, but I took a break for Christmas and New Year.
Okay, I have no excuse. Someone do the disclaimer so we can get on with the story. Luna, you do it.
Luna: Okay! The author doesn't own anything. The Wizarding World belongs to J.K Rowling and the Riordanverse belongs to Rick Riordan. Watch out for Nargles!
Me: On with the chapter!

***Harry's P.O.V***

The Great Hall was full, but I could feel the emptiness seeping through the cracks in the walls. Malfoy's note was scrunched up in my fist. Searching for Ron and Hermione, I found them underneath a window, Hermione's arms around Ron. He had tears rolling down his face. Then I realised.

Ginny was dead.

Or was she?

It's all your fault.

You could have saved them!

They're dead because of you.

Coward.

I miserably slumped against a wall, my thoughts almost choking me. Everything was my fault. I could have done so much more; I could have saved them. But I didn't, and now they were dead.

Nico walked past, a bitter and angry expression on his face. The piece of paper almost dropped to the ground in shock as I ran after him. "Nico! Nico!"

"What?" He didn't try to dull the harshness in his voice. "I'm busy Harry, what do you want?" Wordlessly, I waved the paper in his face. Snatching it out of the air, he read it. Slowly.

"Are...are you done yet? It's a short note." He scowled, but didn't take his eyes off the writing.

"You try having dyslexia. Reading is hard. This handwriting is like Gorgon scrawl." I fiddled with a stray strand of thread on the sleeve of my robe as his eyes slid across the message. Soon, he rolled it into a ball, threw it in the air and sliced it in half with his sword. Then he turned on me, and I wanted to slink into the walls and hide. "What sort of dumb joke is this?" My eyes grew wide in shock.

"W-what?" His scowl deepened, and he sheathed his sword reluctantly. I got the feeling he wanted to stab it through my gut.

"Grow up Harry. This isn't funny." He began to walk away so I ran after him, gesturing to the remains as I talked.

"But it's true! Malfoy-" Suddenly Nico stopped, and turned around. I flinched at his next interruption, eyeing his blade with a wary gaze.

"Malfoy what? That was some ink on a piece of parchment. It didn't have the power to bring back the dead." I thought of who we had lost, and the previous events. Even before the battle, I thought he knew I wasn't joking around.

"Don't you trust me? This is true!" The reply was emotionless.

"I thought I did." Nico continued walking, and I didn't try to stop him this time.

***Will's P.O.V***

I felt like there was a wire around my throat, cutting into my skin. It made it difficult for me to breathe, and hurt a lot in general. There was an aching in my chest from grief, and a hole in my heart as I didn't know if I would ever see Nico again. My gut instinct told me he was alive, but that was all.

But was that enough?

I opened my eyes, letting the dim light of the room filter in and-